Chapter 10 part 1

Edited
Chapter 10 part 1

"The worst things in life comes free to us..."

~~~~~~~

Sam's POV

"Why pack your things soo early?" I asked Jules while she set her clothes in the luggage. "Better to be safe than sorry," she answered "and anyways it's not that early for me to pack, I'm leaving tomorrow."

I left my daze from the luggage to the bed I was sitting at, "I'll miss you." I murmured. She approached and sat accross from me, and she hugged me. "I'll miss you too." Jules said.

Julie has always been like a sister to me (older sister specifically, eventhough I'm the oldest). She is not just my roommate, she is also my true friend, and I'm glad I had her joyful attitude in my life. And I don't know if I will still be stable when she leave for the university.

Someone knocked on the door and we broke our hug. "Sorry to disturb you or anything, but I just want to tell you guys that breakfast is ready." Miles' shy voice said from the other side. "Will be up in a minute." Jules called, and we heard shuffles going back downstairs.

Eventhough Jules was excited for breakfast, it didn't pushed me to be too. She said that Miles is so good at cooking, she would admit that he could be better than her, but it still didn't convinced me. I should have denied her favor earlier.

Jules noticed my expression and said "I swear, if you just eat even a bite of his food you won't even ignore him again."

~~~~~

When I went inside the dinning room, the first thing I saw was a plate of brownies in the table. I opened my mouth in shock. "See?" Jules said proudly "I didn't even know he could bake."

Next to the brownies was a plate of pancakes with chocolate chips and a pitcher of orange juice. He also attempted to make the table presentable. I was almost gonna laugh at how serious he was at cooking breakfast, until I saw him at the side of the kitchen.

He was leaning at the counter, his head looking down. His matted hair was falling on his face, and I saw a presence of sweat in his forehead. "You alright?" I asked slowly, since I never had talked to him for a long time. He slowly raised his head, but he didn't looked at us.

"Yeah- I- I just need to go to the toilet." he stuttered, and he immediately walked away. I was worried about him and when I looked at Jules, she was too.

Miles' POV

I slammed the bathroom door shut, I was hoping no one from the girls downstairs would had heard it.

[You lied for the third time now.]

"Shut up!" I commanded while I rubbed my temple.

I grabbed the edge of the sink and took a deep breath. “What is wrong with me?” I asked no one in particular.

[Check your wings.]

“Why?” I asked.

[Just check it.] the demons commanded, and I took off my shirt because I didn't had any choice.

It took me a minute to spread it completely, and when I did, I almost passed out. The usual white colored feather were now gray ones. I backed away from the mirror; afraid of myself.

"No- this couldn't be real." I muttered while I shook my head.

[This is your consequence for your awful sin, mortal.] The demons spat.

I walked near the mirror again. I tried to blink a lot of times to see if I wasn't dreaming but the wings never changed. It was still a dark shade of gray.

I grabbed my hand into a fist; the knuckles turned white.

[You think you could escape? Well, tough luck! You're a demon now!] Their horrifying laughs echoed.

I was soo furious, that I punched the mirror.

Sam's POV

After Miles left to use a bathroom, me and Jules served the breakfast and we ate silently. Jules couldn't stop looking at the kitchen's clock "It's been 6 minutes since he left." Jules said "I'm worried about him, Sam."

I didn't say anything in response. I looked down at my plate; poking a piece of chocolate chip. The food was soo delicious, but even the delicious food didn't stop me worrying.

The sound of broken glass shocked the two of us, and we immediately stood up. "What was that?" I asked.

We headed up the stairs, and we opened the bathroom accross the guest room or Miles' room.

The first I saw when I opened it, was shards of glass laying on the floor. I froze from what I saw.

"Are you alright?" Jules asked worriedly while she headed at Miles' side. His hand was full of blood, but I didn't worry about him. He 'effin broke the mirror for all I know.

"Why did you broke the mirror!!" I exclaimed to him. "Why are you yelling about a broken mirror, Sam. Do you even see Miles' injured hand." Jules said tensely while pointing at Miles' injured hand.

"He broke a mirror, Jules. Why would I be worried about him?!"

"Are you crazy?!" she exclaimed, but I ignored her. "Go away Miles! I don't want to see your evil face for today!" I commanded.

He was about to stand up, but Jules stopped him. "It's alright Julie." he reassured her, and she finally let go of his hand.

"I'm really sorry." he whispered when he passed by me, but I didn't said anything in response.

Miles' POV

When I left the house, I walked aimlessly at the streets.

I always walk the street, but it felt soo different that day. That day, the mortals looked at me; they know that I exist and they thought I was one of them.

<You are one of them.>

I had wished that everything would just stop. That everything from the accident to me being different never happened.

~~~~~