Chapter 4

Chapter 4

“Friendship is like a book, it takes a few seconds to burn but it takes years to write.”

Samantha's POV

“What are we talking about again?” I ask confusely. “I asked you if we could say all our goodbyes starting today before I'll leave next week. So, you know, we'll be ready when it really happens.” Jules explains while stepping her foot from one foot to the other.

Julie officially announced that she's really going to attend a university two days ago, one day after Harper died.

“Like what Harper did before.” I mummer, still thinking about her. “Sam, I'm changing the subject.” she says softly. “Well, you're making it worst.” I say tensely. “I'm trying my best, okay?!” she says desperately.

“And why would you change it anyway! Jules, we're talking about our best friend, Harper and her funeral! That we can't go to be-” my voice become furious but she cut me off. “Can you just forget about her for a moment!!” she exclaims which makes me back off.

Julie never exclaims and she especially doesn't get angry at me before. “You want me to say farewell then?...It's so sad that we will part ways! But dont worry I'll try to visit you sometime! Goodbye!” I say sarcastically.

My tears are falling down but I shake my head and turn around. “Sam-...” she says softly but I'm already holding the doorknob. “I'll go take a walk.” I say weakly, and I go out without even hearing her reply.

~~~~~~~~~

I sniff while covering my hands in my jacket's pockets. The Julie I know would never do that. She knows how much I love Harper, she's my bestfriend and sister.

I kick a pebble in the street, seeing it roll 1 meter away.

I remember the times when me and Harper would enjoy our lunch time in school at the grass near the football field.

“Don't be so stubborn.” she once had said.

“Is eating a sandwich stubborn?” I asked her.

She didn't respond but she continued looking at the football field, at the football players specifically. “You really dont feel attractive to even one of them, just a little bit?” she had said obnoxiously.

“No!” I ranted but she didn't stop. She crossed her arms and said “But I promise you, there will come a day when you'll find your knight in the shining armour. That will change your cold rock heart.”....

“Sam!” someone exclaims making me snap back to reality, but when I do, I regret it. My mouth gape open while looking at the bus coming straight towards me. I can't think anymore, I can't even move.

I close my eyes waiting for the impact but it never come. Instead, someone push me. My back hit the asphalt in the sidewalk.

I open my eyes and I see a guy with a worried face. When he see me with opened eyes he give in with a smile. I notice that he is near my face, almost touching my nose.

Before I can say anything, he stand up and leave. I try my best to catch up with him but he won't stop “Wait!” I exclaim.

Miles' POV

What was I thinking? I was about to talk to a mortal who doesn't even know I exist. But what made me more confuse is that I push her away from the bus. I dont even know how I did that.

“Wait!” a voice exclaims at my back and I know that she isn't reffering to me, because first of all she can't see me. “Hey! The guy with a white hoodie! Wait up!” she exclaims again but this time I'm sure she was reffering to me.

I stop and start thinking, how can a mortal see me?

She stops in front of me and she pants for breath “You. Walk. So. Fast”. She then looks straight at me, her blue eyes glimmering. “You can see me?” I ask her “Of course.” she says back while she gives me a weird look.

She stretch her hand in front of me “Hi, I'm Samantha.” I dont have a clue what she is doing so I just stand still, not doing anything.

She give me an impatient look while she gazes to her hand and to my hand. She also wants me to stretch my hand. I do it, and she grab it and shake it “I'm Miles?” I say more like a question.

“Thanks for saving my life.” she says with a smile. Then my head begins to hurt, different voices is murmuring inside my head giving me a painful headache.

“Are you alright?” Sam asks with a worried look. “Yeah, just a little headache.” I say while wincing.

She take my wrist and I notice it's raining. Sam drag me away, with her. “Where are we going?” I ask confusely. “To my house.” she says.

~~~~~

A/N

So...Yeah, I know it's confusing but it'll be understandable soon.

Next update: next week (I'm not really sure when I'll update specifically. So just wait till next week. XD).

Bye, Angels (just tell me if the name sucks).