Repulsive mixture

Pain shot through Dawn as the baking soda was scratched along the side of the metal trough along with him. Dawn's second worst fear was baking soda, his first being captivity.
Thirty minutes later the trough was rinsed out and Dawn and the baking soda were trickled away by the water. Dawn needed to get to a pool of water with clay at the bottom, but he was too weak.
Suddenly everything went black.
As Dawn sat motionless on the street, cars rolled over him and children stopped to poke him only to run away screaming "GRRROOOOOSSSSS!!!!"
Being squished didn't hurt Dawn, what hurt Dawn was being mixed with powders.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

When Dawn woke up he didn't know how long he had been out. The moon was shining bright and from it's size he calculated that it had been about 3 weeks.
His body still screamed from the baking soda and he slowly made his way out of town.
Progress was vital but very difficult. "If I hadn't been mixed with powder I could have been out of this little town in no time. I mean, I'm normally faster than a car and now, I'm slower than a snail," he thought "wait! A car!!! I can jump on a car and go faster."
After a few fruitless attempts Dawn gave up on catching rides, he just couldn't handle it in his current condition, so he slowly trudged on.
Once when he was passing through a dump station, a bit of  powder was blown his way and he was held up for a month.
About a year later Dawn finally reached the outskirts of the town, "What a sight for sore eyes!" He exclaimed.
A few miles out of town he found something that renewed his strength, sliding into the cool waters of a lake he made his way to the bottom and furrowed into some clay.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
This chapter is dedicated to obsessiveapathy
Thank you so much for voting on "Put on the sponge,"!