Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Immediately Kyoya locked his vision on the guy. His eyes became sharp, and for a moment, a flash of bloodlust could be seen. While Kenichi was thinking what to say, Kyoya was already sizing his opponent.

"Hey brat, what yer staring at?" The thug lifted the left side of his upper lips, showing his teeth before throwing a irritated stare at Kyoya. "I don't like that damn look on your face... How old are you eh? How d'ja get in here?" The thug brought his face closer.

Kyoya could smell cigarette smoke from the guy's breath.

(This guard was equipped with a night stick, and no sign of sharp objects or firearms).

*Twack!*

Kyoya's left leg snapped up stra8ight, striking under the chin of his opponent. Right when his feet got back to the ground, the guy was on his knees, and Kyoya followed up with a right hook to the same spot for good measure. The guy was out cold.

Kenichi stood frozen, shocked because of what his student just did. Meanwhile Kyoya has started to look for a place to hide the body.

"Wait... You..."

"Hai?" Kyoya threw Kenichi a "what's wrong" look.

"Kyoya... you can't do that! Now we're in big trouble! And I promised your mom to keep you safe... We need to get out of here."

Literally sweeping the guy under the rug, Kyoya defended:

"He was going to kick us out of here. We need to get to the room and save Emiko!"

"No, we never agreed on this! That job is for the police! Our own safety is the first priority, and I say we run now!"

"Sensei!" He protested.

Their argument seemed to have startled other people in the area. One by one, the apartment doors opened, and people got out. Unlucky for Kenichi and his student, this whole apartment was a yakuza office, and right off the bat the residents of this area could see a body barely hidden under the carpet.

"Intruders!"

"Shit!" Kenichi rushed towards the middle of the hallway. Combat had already begun. Using the momentum from running, he jumped into the air, chambered his leg, rotated his body, aiming the flying side kick at the closest target.

*Bam!*

The thug's head was knocked against the wall with the force of a sledge hammer used by strongmans. Kenichi caught the body before it dropped, holding it up as a shield. Another few got near, looking for an opening. Suddenly he threw the body forward, turned sideways and lifted his leg for a high side kick. The strike threw that poor guy into the air, straight onto one of his friend's lap. Rushing forward with the pendulum motion for maximum speed, Kenichi threw a huge overhead to the guy at the right side, before clinching down the back of his head. The thug was not out, but he was helplessly under Kenichi's control, with two huge hands locking down on the back of his head. Kenichi proceeded to drag the guy around as a meatshield, occasionally throwing knees to pacify his resistance. The group swarmed around him, but was not able to reach.

Thrusting the guy at the crowd, Kenichi had noticed that they were giving his attacking power some respect. He backed away, only to instantly dash forward for a roundhouse and knocked another guy out, before turning around just in time to ate a stick to the back. Pretending to be dazed, he suddenly grabbed another guy and backed out again. Amidst the skirmish, a fleet shadow got out of the way and charged upstairs.

Kenichi tried to sprint through the mob, seeing that he had thinned down their numbers. However, there were still too many in his way, and he was forced into a corner that was under construction. Spotting a few decently sized rebars, Kenichi grabbed one. Wielding it with two hands like a spear, Kenichi instantly shifted into a medium, back-heavy stance.

The thugs were repelled by the tip of his weapon, and no one was able to get close. Kenichi gracefully maneuvered the heavy steel rod in his hands as if it was a wooden stick. Using its reach to his advantage, he feinted by shifting his balance forward before suddenly chopping down on the thug's Katana. The sword was torn in half, and its user had an iron rod jabbed to his face.

Blood spew from his mouth as the thug painfully hugged his face rolling on the ground. Seeing the splatter of blood, saliva, teeth and tears, the remaining enemies had little spirit left to continue the fight.

(Kyoya... Where is he!?)

The commotion covered Kyoya's thumping footsteps as he rushed his way up the floors. Since there were still residents living in the higher floors of the apartment, Kyoya inevitably bumped into another guard. Keeping the opponent's Wakizashi strictly in his sight, he moved back slowly while carefully observing the thug's movements.

"Get over here you fuck!"

As if Kyoya was taking that as a signal, his back leg stomped the ground, shooting him at the thug. After two steps for momentum, he took a leap, with his front leg overly extended.

In mid air, he rotated his hips sideways, effectively switching his front leg behind. With all the torque from twisting his core, his back leg followed forward with immense force. The 180 switch kick whirled at his opponent, missing by a hair and left Kyoya's back exposed. The thug was no greenhorn, and he took the chance and thrust his blade at Kyoya. Spotting the opponent through his peripheral vision, Kyoya instantly ducked forward, instantaneously chambering his right leg for a back kick. The recoil of the attack shoved him backwards, and Kyoya had to support the fall with his left arm. Thanks to almost falling over, the blade slit above Kyoya's spine, whereas his kick went under the elbow and bashed the thug's liver through his ribcage.

Feeling hot liquid slowly soaking into the back of his shirt, Kyoya frowned and cautiously treaded forward.