R e d N i g h t s | 01

Red Reaper | Tokyo Ghoul Fanfic

D I S C L A I M E R : I don't own Tokyo Ghoul.

Wandering the streets at night looking for my next meal had recently become my new hobby. It would be a lie to say that I was oblivious to how everyone feared me because of the rumours and urban legends they hear about me. I can hear them; their hands trembling as they whisper shakily to each other, the legend of the Red Reaper.

It's funny to see how hard the CCG investigators try to look for me, but it's still pointless. I'm always one step ahead of them and quicker than they will ever be. They'll never get to me.

Its true, I do have red hair, -that hides behind a brown, short lengthed wig- but there are many things the rumours say about me that isn't true. Today was a Monday, one of my less favorite days of the week, so I wasn't wearing my signature mask and black hoodie that everyone talks about in the legend.

I took a sip from the nearly empty can of iced coffee before throwing it behind me to a trash can in the alley.

"Oh, well what do we have here?" I paused, hearing the slurred words of a drunk man in front of me.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as I stood perfectly still, "A cute girl like you shouldn't be out here all alone. How about... " the man leaned in to my ear and I could smell the horrid scent of alcohol as he whispered, "...I accompany you for the rest of the night?"

He waited for my reply, but I was faster than him. I dipped down and tore myself away from his grip, the wig fell behind from my rapid move and my red hair let itself free. Turning around before he could react, I kicked my leg up to his face. His head whacked to the side as his nose broke with a loud crack.

I slowly stood up as the man tilted his head to the right. Holding his broken and bleeding nose, he looked up at me and fear enveloped his expression.

Quite a lovely sight. I hate it when people disrespect me.

"Y-You're the... R-Red Reaper..." His voice dripping with terror.

I pulled out my mask from my bag and strapped it on. Taking a step closer to him, I opened my mouth to speak; my voice sounded raspy from the covered mask.

"Yes I am, and as the urban legend goes, anyone who sees the Red Reaper's face is doomed to die."

"M-MO... MONSTER- ...!!!!"

His head rolled to the side, I lifted his right arm and ripped it off.

"This should do for today's meal. I probably won't be hungry on Wednesday anymore, but I'll have to follow the legend, don't I?" My face remained aloof as I brought the hand closer to my mouth.

In this world...

The strong devour the weak.

Who is the strong?

...I am the strong.

a/n : And that's a wrap! This is the prologue for you, ladies and gentlemen. I know that I should probably be updating my other Tokyo Ghoul story and my other stories as well, but I always get these bunny plots that I have to write down. I'll try to update my other stories more often! Btw, if my OC seems a little too cocky, then don't worry, it's just part of her personality and self-esteem, you could say. I wouldn't make her overly powerful to the point that no character can beat her.

-zombigail-chan