Chapter Nine

On March 27th Hinata had her baby and not much later Sakura had her baby on the 31st but she was somewhere else when it happened. Temari went to the hospital to meet at least Hinata's baby, Shikamaru stayed close. As well to meeting the baby she also had her ultrasound to see what gender and when the baby was due. She sighed softly and rubbed over the small baby bump and glanced over at Shikamaru. He was close to her as usually and just making sure she was okay with being too out of character. He lead her to the hospital and asked for Hinata Uzumaki's room number. After receiving that he led her there and knocked softly, waiting a bit.

"Damn, Naruto is a dad. That stupid, little, annoying blonde is a dad now." Shikamaru muttered a bit.

"Mhm and you'll be one in no time. You lazy Crybaby." Temari smiled back.

     The door open and Naruto was standing there happily. He looked like he had been crying which, honestly he probably was. Shikamaru looked at him and the blonde quickly let the two in. Hinata was was watching and smiled a little, in her arms she had a little bundle. Temari watched a bit and walked over very slowly, smiling a bit as she watched. Shikamaru followed.

"It's okay. He's not asleep. You can come over.." Hinata said gently.

"He? Congratulations." Shikamaru said and patted the back of Naruto's arm.

"Thanks.." Naruto smiled brightly.

     Temari came over and sat beside the bed slowly, she watched as Hinata leaned a bit to show the other woman. Temari smiled as she watched the little baby squirms as his mom moved. She glanced between the baby and Naruto and smiled. They looked exactly alike. Same blonde hair, little whiskers, and when he opened those little eyes they were a bright blue. Hinata offered for Temari to hold him so she slowly did, holding him softly and smiled s little more. She honestly didn't see any of Hinata in the baby, just a mini clone of Naruto. She hoped their child would have some from both sides. Or at least look like one just the opposite gender. Shikamaru walked over and watched the baby and smiled a bit as well, glancing at Naruto as well and down at the baby. 

"Definitely an Uzumaki." Shikamaru said.

"Yeah, no doubt about that." Temari replied.

"Yeah, Boruto looks just like his father." Hinata agreed.

"Boruto? That's cute." Temari said a bit.

"Mhm." Shikmaru nodded.

      After all the attention Boruto started to whine and Temari gave the bundle right back to Hinata. He continued to whine and so she gave him to Naruto and almost immediately the baby settled. Temari stood up slowly and smiled as she watched Naruto hold the bundle close to his chest saw that little hand grabbing at the orange shirt. She remembered when she first met Naruto, man he was persistent little fuck. Loud too but he never gave up and turned out an amazing guy. She glanced at the time and slowly wrapped her arm around Shikamaru's slowly.

"Okay, we have to get going. I have an appointment. Thanks for having us. And congratulations on that beautiful baby." Temari smiled brightly.

"Thank you." Hinata nodded a bit.

"Hope he causes hell like you did, you need some karma." Shikamaru smirked a little and walked with Temari.

"I didn't cause hell, he'll be an amazing ninja." Naruto smiled as he held the baby.

     Once they left the room they made sure to close the door up. She followed Shikamaru close and held his hand softly as he led her to the next area. She looked at him a little bit slowly and smiled more, he looked extremely happy but like he was trying to hide it to keep that relaxed look. The walked into the room and the doctors was sitting there with a smirk, she slipped gloves on and patted the little bed for Temari. She slowly sat down and laid back and the doctor smiled a little bit. She looked over at Shikamaru and then right back at Temari.

"Hello Temari Nara, I'll be your doctor along your pregnancy. Is he staying in here with you?" She asked gently.

"Of course..do husbands not stay?" Temari asked.

"Often the woman don't want them inside so they can keep the gender a surprise." She said softly and lifts Temari's shirt softly and felt over the bump.

"I'm staying, I'm not big on surprises." Shikamaru chirped in and day down.

"Temari, what would you like?" She asked.

"He can stay. I don't mind." Temari replied.

The woman nodded and gently put a little bit of the ECG gel over her stomach and rubbed it softly. Temari shivered a little and smiled a little. She watched the woman dispose of the dirtied gloves and then slipped another pair on, grabbing the transducer and waited till screen lit better before rubbing it softly on her stomach. Temari watched slightly and then looked over at the screen and smiled a little bit, the woman pointed, explaining what she saw.

"I read over your forms, you should be due September 20th but there is normal to give up to two weeks early or late. So don't worry if you are not on that exact date." She said.

"Oh alright." Temari nodded.

"And..." Shikamaru questioned as he looked at the screen a little, smiling softly.

"And the gender of your baby. You must be anxious." She hummed and pointed to the screen, explaining a bit before she said, "which mean you two are going two have a boy."

Shikamaru smiled more and Temari smiled right back. After that the woman cleaned off Temari's stomach softly and then waited for the machine to print off a few pictures. Temari tucked her shirt down after she was clean and she hugged Shikamaru close. The woman got the pictures and handed them over, along with a schedule and a few other papers for Temari. She thanked the woman and Shikamaru smiled a bit as he helped her out. As soon as they got out the room, Temari looked down at the pictures and smiled brightly. Shikamaru watched a bit and smiled right back.

"Holy shit Temari, we're having a little boy.." Shikmaru said happily.

"Yeah, little baby boy. I'm so excited." Temari quickly said back and kissed him hard.