Chapter Six

It had been a couple of weeks and Temari decided to go out. Shikamaru was back to doing work every day and she sighed softly. She then looked around as she walked down the streets, looked around and peeking into stores. She wondered if any carried and kind of pregnancy test. She looked around the store and bites her lip. Then she noticed a familiar pinked hair woman. She blinked a couple times and tried to hide herself away from the store with out being noticed.

"Oh, hey Temari!" Sakura said happily.

"O..oh hey..." Temari said nervously and straighten up.

"You're a woman, you obviously have great tastes. This or this?" She asked holding up maternal clothing, she was definitely showing.

"That one." Temari said softly and pointed.

"Okay, good. That's the one I like too." Sakura smiled and looked it over, "wait a minute. What are you doing in the baby store?"

"I um..." Temari bites her lip nervously.

"Oh my gosh, are you pregnant?" Sakura asked happily.

"Shhh..I dunno yet. I haven't checked. I was looking here for a test." The blonde replied.

"Oh! Come here!" The other said happily and grabbed her quickly.

     Sakura picked one up and shows it to Temari. The blonde takes it slowly and thanked her slowly. She held the box and smiled softly. Sakura picked a few other things up and they both walked over to the counter to check out. Temari looked over at Sakura and smiled a little.

"Do you know what you're having yet?" Temari asked.

"I do but I'm keeping it hush hush." Sakura said happily. 

"Okay, can you keep this hush hush? If I am pregnant I wanna keep it a surprise." She asked.

"Of course. This stays between us." Sakura said back.

     Temari nodded and quickly ran right back home with the test. She went right into the restroom to do it. She stood up and yanked her underwear back up and waited. After a little bit she watched the small screen pop up with two lines. She smiled brightly and squealed a little bit. She looked at it in just pure happiness and she started to teared up a little.

"I'm pregnant! Oh my gosh, I'm pregnant!" Temari yelled to herself and almost started to cry from it.

     Temari was so excited and couldn't wait to tell Shikamaru but she tried to calm herself. She sighed softly as she thought about a way she could tell him in a surprisingly way. She hummed a little as she cleaned off the rest better and just looked at the screen.  She then put it into the box slowly and walked downstairs and went all the way to the basement of the house. She looked at the storage boxes and sighed softly as she did. She got to a box marked "Dad's stuff" and she sighed softly. Then she walked around and got to the box marked, "Mom's Stuff." She slowly opens the boxed and looked into it a bit. she found some of Shikamaru's baby things and smiled a little bit as she pulled out a little onesie. She put the box back and held the onesie and little, it was a green color with little white Nara symbols patterned over it. She then went right back upstairs and set it by the boxed test. She then she left the house and went right back to the store. She looked around and bought a pacifier and a little deer plush. She went to another store and bought a small wooden box, then went to the market to buy some ingredients to make dinner for the night.
As soon as Temari got home she packed everything she gotten into the small box and then put the test as well. She set the box on the table and started to make dinner. She made some katsu chicken curry and rice. She made sure to make it as perfect as possible for her husband. She was very excited about this and she waited till a bit later to plate the food. And as soon as she started to fill the bowls with rice the door opened. A very tired looked Shikamaru came in but he hummed and at the smells he got. She the topped over the rice with the chicken and curry and walked over, setting it on the table and he watched her.

"Looks super good, what's the occasion? Lately you've been make me do my own dinner because of how late I was getting home." Shikamaru said and sat down.

"I dunno, I just felt like cooking dumbass." Temari said and sat down as well.

Temari started to eat and she watched Shikamaru eat as well. They both sat there quietly until Shikamaru's brows furrowed. He looked at the wooden box just sitting on the table and he made a face. She tilted her head and she took another bite.

"What's this from?" Shikamaru asked.

"It's a gift for you." Temari said back and smiled.

"A gift? Ha, is it another weapon?" He smiled and she sighed.

"No mister, it isn't." She sassed back.

Shikamaru sighed and he listened to her but he smiled at the idea of a gift anyways. He gifts we assays kinda weird, lots of weapons. New mind games for him or books. Just the normal stuff. He moved the plate away momentarily before pulling the box over. He popped it open and saw his onesie, which made him smile a bit and he felt over it. He tugged it out a little and felt the fabric.

"This is cute Temari, you find this is in my mom's stuff?" Shikamaru asked.

"Well yeah, is there anything else in the box?" Temari asked.

Shikamaru looked away from the onesie to see the pacifier and then the pregnancy test box. He looks at her quickly and then quickly grabbed the box and opened it, he looked at the little screen and smiled brightly. Temari didn't think she had ever since Shikamaru so excited before. He looked down at it and the looked at onesie, the. He noticed the little play sitting on the kitchen counter. He looked right back at her and teared up, which made her smiled. He moved around table fast and hugged her close, kissing her hard and then put his hands to her stomach.

"You're pregnant?! When did you figure out?" Shikamaru said quickly and happily as he watched her.

"I figured it out today. We're pregnant Shikamaru. We're gonna have a baby. A beautiful little Nara baby." Temari hummed and watched as he husband started to cry.

Shikamaru hugged her close and pressed into her chest, crying out of pure happiness as he held her close. She smiled more and Taka his hair down and ran her hand though his hair.

"You're gonna be a dad." Temari hummed.

"And you're going to be a mom, holy shit..this is amazing. I have to tell everyone." Shikamaru said quickly.

"Nope, not yet. Let's keep it a surprise baby. Not until I start showing." She said.

"I don't think I can keep it in that long.." he said said.

"We'll have to see. But try you're best, sweetheart." She kissed him slowly.