'Guys, just leave Lila, she's new,'

MARINETTE'S POV

As I push through the door, the boys race to Adrien and slap his back. I shudder. Poor Adrien, having to deal with those intrusive meatheads. I release a breath i didn't even know I was holding. As I open my eyes, I find myself face to face with a mob of vultures.

Oh shit.

I sprint to change, and deal with the girls clustering around me.

'Ohmigod you actually did it!'

'Did you see the way he flipped her around?'

'Typical guys, always want to be dominant,'

'I can't wait to see her wedding dress, do you think his dad will design it?! I am definitely being a bridesmaid, no question!'

You can guess who said the last one.

CHLOE'S POV

'Ew, you guys are so sad,' Lila claps her hands sarcastically, 'I mean, it's never gonna happen, is it?'

Her minion joined in with a feeble 'yeah!'

I lose myself in thought. Things are actually very, very simple. Let me break it down.

Lila likes Adrien. A lot. Like, stalkerish, probably-watches-him-in-his-sleep likes him.

Adrien has lots of fans. Most of them are girls. They all are crushing on him.

I like Adrien. He only sees me a friend. That's because we've been friends since we were little.

Marinette likes Adrien. Adrien likes Marinette.

I think.

Adrien gets upset sometimes. Because it's annoying when everyone likes you.

I can't relate.

If he likes Marinette, is there really a point in me adding to the millions that pry into his life.

No, i answer myself, i shouldn't.

I think that its time for me to let him go.

I am suddenly bursted into the real world where Lila clicks her fingers in my face.

'Hello! Anybody in there?' She shakes her head, 'no, of course not, because you are a nobody!And you never will be. Some of us actually have talent, but you, you're just a talentless little-'

Avery puts in her two cents, 'We all know how successful Lila is,'

Normally, I can snap an insult back faster than she can flip her hair, but now, all of a sudden, i'm frozen to the spot, powerless. I've never been so annoyed at myself.

Since when have I become so soft?

Marinette rolls her eyes and glares at Lila, 'You're right, Lila, I didn't realise that you were that..'

Great, so now the one person that I actually had a chance to make friends with is turning on me.

Lovely. Just lovely.

Lila claps her hands, 'Did I ask you to pull down my panties and blow a compliment up my butt?!'

Marinette stands facing Lila. Despite being a head shorter than the giraffe, she looks just as powerful.

'You didn't let me finish. Someday you'll go far, and I really hope you stay there forever and never come back,'

Pure shock is written on Lila's face, but it flashes away when she says, 'Oh really?'

'Yes really. Maybe, to the other side of the world or something?' Marinette strokes her chin.

'Nah, that's too close,' I hear myself say, 'I don't want to end up catching some sort of disease,'

Dupain-Cheng nods, 'Too true, Chloe. I think I'd just about manage if she leaves to go to some sort of other universe,'

I raise my hand, and for the first time ever, I'm not left hanging.

Alya cuts in, 'Guys, just leave Lila, she's new,'

'Listen, you two!' A snarl cuts through the conversation, 'I don't know what this whole new best-friend act is, but its obvious bullshit. Only I am the best actor, since I was four and I won 'Youngest Child Actor' award when I was starring in 'Hope!', and even Wes Anderson said that I have no competition, but obviously you guys all know this,'

Marinette and I clap slowly,

Guys,' Alya intercepts, 'Marinette, don't say anything,'

Marinette turns to her best friend, surprised. I'm not letting Ladyblog girl ruin this moment.

'Wow, wake me up when you've finished,'

'Oh, please, you're obviously just jealous. I mean, I'd be jealous of me if I wasn't me, but still, I'd expect you to move on from when I beat you at Miss Junior Petite Pageant Queen Age 5-7 Division..'

'Good story, but in which chapter do you shut the fuck up?'

I turn to Marinette, who has obviously won this.. Whatever this is.

I try to hide my laugh and I'm shot glares from lots of the girls. Marinette joins in, and everyone just looks. But that makes it funnier.

'What is going on here?'

Everyone turns to see Miss Butterworth, the english teacher. She sends us all back to the classroom in disgrace, and we have to write lines. Before we know it, PE is finished.

But all I can think about is giving Adrien up. I can see Marinette and I being friends, but the nly way to do that is to give up on him and let him go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry about how short this is, I've been tied up with family stuff lately and I rushed this chapter because this is a late update.

Bug out!