Initial consequences

ADRIEN'S POV

I turn on the television, whilst using my laptop to google the book and see if there's some sort of online copy. Whilst it downloads, I watch the news.

'We tried to ask Marinette Dupain-Cheng, a model on the rise, on her opinion, but she refused to comment.'

I tap on the book and start reading.

Ladybug and Chat Noir are some recently emerged superheroes who have really revolutionised the way we live today. But the question is, is it for better or worse.

We find ourselves dependent on them, hooked by them. We've become attached to the masks, when the reality is that we don't actually know who, or what is behind them. For all we know, they could be ANYONE.

Judging from Ladybug and Chat Noir's heights, voices and general posture, investigators assume that the two are in their teen years, a time where speed, strength, and agility are all rapidly increasing. But is it ideal for two teenagers to take the responsibility of saving our entire population?

MARINETTE'S POV

What the..

How can we be so certain that we are guaranteed to be unharmed, when the reality is that our lives are really down to two meagre adolescents that haven't yet entered the real world? How is it possible, that these two teenagers are able to balance their normal everyday lives with being 'superheroes'? Investigator Dr Neurrman has researched this into depth.

'If we count the hours of school, homework, sleep and leisurely activities, we can notice that this lifestyle is very unhealthy to an average student. Ladybug and Chat Noir do not physically have enough time to balance both being superheroes and ordinary teenagers,' He said.

We asked him what he truly thinks, and he proposed the following theory, as written in his very own words:

We know it is virtually impossible for them to balance this without becoming seriously ill, and we wouldn't want our lives to be in the hands of two sick teenagers, but then we have to take into account that the duo seem perfectly fine when running after akumatised villains. They run, they flip, and soar, and the adrenaline of a typical teen can not possibly last so long. So, my theory is that Ladybug and Chat Noir are not particularly academic, nor very good influences upon our children. In fact, I think that there is a possibility that they are part of the underground market of drug trafficking, and therefore have a constant, unlimited supply of performance-enhancing drugs which enable them to have this burst of energy when they are after these 'akumas'.

I decided to test this theory by sending my daughter Chloe and her friend Sabrina to the gym, in which they ran on the treadmill at the same speed as these so callled 'heroes', for the same time. Both girls collapsed within 10 minutes of this practical experiment.

This is complete and utter bullshit.

I read on, with accusations of us allegedly 'working with this Hawk Moth figure for a greater evil', apparently we destroy the environment, and then there are 'witness accounts' of us being rude, aggressive...

My heart twists at creepy allegations made against Chat, and I can't read anymore.

'This is so dumb!' Tikki flits around me, 'I've never heard stories so obviously fake!'

'I know,' I hit my head on my pillow.

'Marinette!' I hear my dad call, and I run down the steps, 'dinner's ready!'

I join my parents, who share the same despondent expression, 'I suppose you've seen the news,'

'Yep, it's so s.. stupid,' I say, trying not to cuss.