32: Recondite

Beginne am Anfang

Haewon: Oh god Jungkook! Call an ambulance to my address right now while I drive there!

__________________

The phone call ended abruptly and I immediately called for an ambulance as I did my best to take different roads in order to avoid traffic.

K.H

Jungkook's words hit me harder than I let on. My body was moving like it was in danger. I was furiously honking at any car that blocked my path and I was taking any road that could help me get to my penthouse faster.

My mind was hazy.

Of all the things Eunwoo could've kept secret from me, this may be the worst secret that he could ever possibly keep from me.

Leukemia, that runs in their family. And now Hajoon is at risk and now realizing that so many things were off at the reception.... I feel so helpless.

I feel like I've been blindsided. All this time, my happiness was just covering a massive amount of pain that's coming right at me.

It's not even the kind of pain that hits you so suddenly that you feel like you got the wind knocked out of you.

It's the kind of pain that slowly eats you inside. The kind that you want to believe that isn't there but is slowly just making every part of you ache.

The kind of pain that makes it hard for you to get out of bed and makes you want to just sleep the whole day off.

I wish I was just numb to pain because of all the things that I've already gone through but somehow people just keep on finding new ways to hurt me.

Sometimes I wonder how much things would've been different if I was the one who saved Jungkook instead of my dad.

I'd be dead and I'd be at peace and I'd be spared from this life I'm living now.

Being dead seemed like the better option than going through this.

Painful thoughts just swam through my head as I finally arrived at the building where my penthouse was. I rushed to the elevator while tossing the keys to my car to a bellhop.

My heart was pounding so hard in my chest because my brain couldn't help but think of the worst possibilities.

Eventually, I arrived at the floor where my penthouse was and rushed to the door. I knocked furiously and it immediately opened revealing a distraught looking Jennie.

"Oh thank god you're here! I was just taking a nap with Hajoon and when I woke up to go to the bathroom and I wanted to see if he wanted an early breakfast but he wouldn't wake up!,"Jennie said frantically.

"I couldn't call for an ambulance because I left my phone at the reception and the phone lines are down! I couldn't leave him to go downstairs and try to ask someone for help! Haewon I'm so sorry," Jennie said as tears streamed down her eyes.

I knew better than to get mad at her. The situation was out of our control so I said, "It's okay, I asked Jungkook to call an ambulance over."

"Wait, why Jungkook-," she was about to ask but I waved my hands dismissively and said, "Those are details that can be explained later, the paramedics should be arriving anytime now-"