The New Beginning

"Joe, I already told you that I am sure." Barry said to his foster father after he sped around his room to collect all his stuff. Today was his last day in Central City, he already had fulfilled his notice with the CCPD and rented an apartment in his new city. After Team Flash defeated the Reverse Flash, Barry couldn't stay in Central City any longer. Since he was eleven, his sole goal was to catch his mom murderer e free his dad. He accomplished both, but his dad decided to go live outside the city. After that, Central City didn't feel like home to Barry anymore. So he decided to move to National City, he talked to his friends and family and, although sad, they all seemed to understand. He talked to Captain Singh, and surprisingly, he wrote a great recomendation to the NCPD. So almost two months later, Barry was preparing to start his next chapter.

"I know, I know. It's just, to be honest, I'm gonna miss you, Barr." Joe said. The elder West was having a hard time saying goodbye to Barry. "I am so used to you living here and seeing your face every day at work. I don't know if I will get used to having you so far away." His foster father said, tearing up a little bit. 

"I'm gonna miss you too." Barry said as he hugged his foster dad. He really meant that, and also knew it would be hard to live so far from his family, but he knew that was the right choice. "Joe, you have no idea how much you mean to me, and yeah, I am going to miss the hell out of you. But right now, I have to do that." The younger Allen said.

"I know." Joe said, drying the tears from his face.

"And hey, if you ever need my help, or just want to see me, I'll be here in a flash." Barry said chuckling a little. Joe also chuckled with his son. They laughed until Joe's phone beeped. "Problems at the precinct?" Barry asked.

"Something like that" Joe said after he looked at the text and packed his phone. "You're going to STAR Labs before you leave right?" He asked.

"Yeah, I still have to get my suit and say bye to the team." Barry said. "But first I have someplace to go." Joe nodded. He then proceeded to say goodbye to his son and headed out. Barry stayed a little longer in the room that he spent a good part of his life. After a couple of minutes, he sped out of the house for his next destination.

Barry arrived in the Central City cemetery shortly. He walked down the path that he knew like that back of his hand after he brought some flowers.

"Hey mom, I just want to say that probably I will visit a little less. Not because I don't want to come, just because I'm moving. I'm sure that dad came here a couple of times. He is finally free and moved far away from the city. But I understand him. He will have to learn how to live without you because it's the first time that he isn't in jail and you are not with him." Barry said. "That's also why I am leaving. Now that we caught your killer, I don't have any more goals in my life right now. And Central City brought to much pain in my life." He said tearing up. "There isn't one day that I don't think about you mom." Barry said. He stayed a little longer, chatting with his mom gravestone. He knew that he was always going to miss her, but catching her killer brought some peace for him.

After what felt like hours, he finally decided to go to STAR Labs. He said bye to his mom and sped out to the base of the operation of team flash. He got there and saw the Cortex with the lights out. He walked there and was surprised by the screams.

"SURPRISE." Yelled everyone in the Cortex. There stood Cisco, Caitlin, Ronnie, Dr. Stein, Joe, Iris, Eddie and his father. "You really thought that we would let you leave without a goodbye party?" Cisco said. Barry chuckled and proceeded to hug every person in the room. They talked, laugh and some people cried.

"Are you sure that you have to go? Central City still gonna need a hero." Caitlin said with a tearful smile. Barry chuckled and hugged the Doctor.

"Central City has a hero." Barry said nodding towards Ronnie, who was talking to Stein and Cisco in the corner. "Central City it's gonna be fine as long that you and Cisco are running the team. You guys are my heroes." He finished with a smile. He then hugged both of his fathers and proceed to talk to Iris.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." She said hugging. Barry thought he loved Iris, but ever since the Reverse Flash thing, he realized that was more infatuation, He decided that they were friends and that was what it should be.

"I'm gonna miss you too." He said. "But hey, I'm still coming back to your marriage." Barry finished. 

Before he left, Cisco handed him a bag.

"What is that?" Barry asked.

"It's your suit, I made some improvements, and put the white logo." Cisco said. "Be careful okay?" Barry just nodded and hugged his friend. He then proceeded to his finals goodbyes. So Barry ran to the train station to start his new chapter.