Chapter four - One of Us

You woke up the next day in darkness again. Actually, you didn't mind the dark. It was comforting.

"Good morning!" Said Hiccup, opening the door and letting in all of the sun's rays. It hurt your eyes a bit then the pain went away.

"Why can't you leave me alone?" You asked, groaning and crossing your arms.

"Because I have something to show you." Hiccup said with a hint of excitement. His green eyes shined in the hints of daylight that sneaked through the open door. You held back a smirk.

"Ok, then.." you said, standing up.

Hiccup opened the door to the cell. Now's my chance to.. A woman about your age, with blond hair tied in a braid and blue eyes, held a pair of metal handcuffs. You sighed. Of course. They clipped the handcuffs to your wrists and pretty much dragged you outside the small prison. The light from outside hurt your eyes but it felt nice to feel the sun's warmth on your s/c skin.

The two led you to a building laid across a large section of the island. Hiccup opened the doors to the building. You jumped as various roars and growls emerged from half open cages.

"D-dragons.." you whispered under your breath. Green, red, blue, yellow, and many other colored eyes stared at you through cracked open gates.

"Here, look." Said Hiccup. He sat down on the floor in front of one of the cages and patted the floor. You went over and sat with your legs crossed next to him. "Be quiet, ok? That's very important."

Why should I do that? You were going to say. "Ok.." came out of your mouth instead. What the heck? You heard a low growl from the open cages. Dark blue eyes blinked open from the darkness. The creature blew hot air onto you a Hiccup. He chuckled a bit, but you were terrified. What kind of dragon could be in the darkness?! A large d/c Titan sand wraith appeared from the shadows. Hiccup put his hand out before stopping.

"You should be the one to do this." Said Hiccup in a sweet tone. He took the handcuffs off your wrists then grabbed your hand and put it up to the dragon. "Just put your hand on the dragon's muzzle." He rested your hand on the dragon's face and pressed his hand against yours. Your face turned a light shade of pink but Hiccup didn't notice. The large dragon closed his/her eyes and shuffled closer to your palm. It lifted it head and moved your fingers to it's chin. You started scratching the dragon's scaly chin.

"You dragons aren't so bad.." you said in a quiet tone that only the dragon could hear. He/she purred. Hiccup chuckled a little bit.

"I guess this makes you one of us, now!" Said Hiccup, standing up. You looked up at him and raised a h/c eye brow.

"What?"

"You heard me.." Hiccup looks down at you with a warm smile. The sunlight from the open door created perfect lighting from behind him. "You're a dragon rider, now!"

A dragon rider.. you looked up and saw that the other dragon riders had arrived. They all had a glimmer of hope and joy in their eyes, as if eager hear your answer.

"Y'know.. I like the sound of that." You cracked a rare, huge smile at the others. They all pumped their fists in the air and went to go see your new dragon, which you named d/n. Hiccup walked up to you and placed a hand on your shoulder.

"I'm glad you decided to join us, um.."

"It's y/n.. y/n l/n" you said. You took Hiccup's hand and squeezed it, teasing him. His whole face turned as red as melted groncle iron. You giggled and called your dragon to you. You hopped on it's back and called out; "let's see how fast you can go!" D/n roared and spread his/her long wings. He/she flew into the sky with a mighty leap. Time seemed to flow in slow motion as the sun rose so perfectly above the pastel pink clouds. Your h/l h/c hair flew in the wind. Your heart beat almost 2x faster from the rush. This is going to be fun! You said to yourself. Suddenly, d/n screeched and you both started plummeting down to the cold ocean water. Before hitting the water, you saw that d/n's wing was caught in a net, and your mother's battle ship docked at the coast of Dragon's Edge.