THREE: First Sight

Quick A/N for those who read Five Star Hotel: Nicola Grisanti is Nick Green. I'm editing the story and in the edited version, he has this secret identity... anyway, I'll let you guys know when and where I plan on posting it.

Don't forget to vote and comment <3

***

Five years later...

"You've gained some new admirers, Aphrodite." Eric whispered, pointing to a group of men down by the other end of the bar.

"Unless they want their eyes ripped out of their heads, it would be wise of them to look away." I said, raising the glass of wine to my lips.

He laughed off my comment although he knew there was plenty of truth in it. "Well you can't blame them. How are they supposed to know?"

"That's what makes it so fun." I gave the bartender an evil smile. "Or so I'm told."

"You scare me. Remind me again, why are we friends?" Eric leaned down, resting his elbows on the wooden counter in front of me.

"Who knows. Maybe you have a thing for crazy women."

"Not married ones." He then added, "But if I remember correctly, you were the one who initiated this friendship." Eric's gaze was focused on something, or rather yet, someone behind me. He let out a low chuckle as he said, "That guy has no idea what he's getting himself into," Before walking away.

I kept my eyes trained on the mirror on the other side of the counter. Don't be foolish, amore, you don't make eye contact with a vicious dog. These men are no different. Enzo's voice echoed in my head.

But I could see the incredibly stupid man who was making his way toward me through the mirror. Run! Run for your life! I imagined myself screaming at the top of my lungs.

The dark haired stranger nervously, and in my opinion, stupidly, sat on the stool next to  me. Aside from his piercing blue eyes, he appeared to be ordinary, but after looking at him through the mirror in the dark room for a couple of seconds I came to the conclusion that he was handsome in an innocent sort of way. The sense of innocence he emitted came from the nervousness in his movements and in his eyes.

"Damn, I didn't think he'd actually do it." I heard one of his friends whisper.

"Are you kidding, this is Lucas we're talking about. He's not gonna go through with it." The other one said.

"I hope not, I could really use those fifty bucks." The first one replied.

It was a bet. They dragged me into their little bet.

I took a deep breath, already devising a plan that would cause his friends to lose the measly fifty dollars they were counting on.

"Hello." I said quietly, seductively, keeping my gaze straight ahead.

The man looked over in my direction, but his eyes quickly shifted to the floor.

"Am I really that intimidating? You're hurting my feelings." Finally, I turned around.

He let a nervous laugh escape his lips.

"I won't bite... unless you're into that sort of thing." I spoke loud enough so his friends could hear. "Play along." I then murmured into his ear.

The stranger gave me another chuckle. "You're just way out of my league." He admitted, looking down at the diamonds around my neck, the studs in my ears, and the little black dress that was Enzo's favorite.

"Says who? I think I should be the judge of that, don't you?"

"I-I guess, yeah that would probably make sense." He stuttered.

I laughed, allowing my hand to fall on his forearm. "Buy me a drink." I could hear his friend's whispers of disbelief behind me.

Eric served us without saying a word, but he didn't have to. The look he gave me said more than enough.

"So tell me about yourself. I've never seen you here before." I tapped the glass with my red nails.

"Yeah, this isn't really my scene. It's more for rich snobby people. Not that your rich and snobby!" He quickly corrected himself, his cheeks turning a deep shade of red.

"I think it's safe to say I come from money." I tried to comfort him. "But I'm not snobby. I come here because it's one of the few places he approves of." I bit down on my lip.

The stranger's brows furrowed. "Who approves of?" His eyes flickered to the monstrous rock on my ring finger. "Oh! You're married? S-so your husband?" He pushed his chair back, ready to stand up.

What an honorable man... I thought to myself. If I were to take up every offer I received from Enzo's business buddies, I would be richer than him.

"Don't leave." I wrapped my hand around his bicep and gently pulled him closer to me. "I like breaking the rules. It's thrilling."

The stranger seemed to be confused by the cryptic things I was saying. I was also a bit confused as to why I was doing what I was doing. I knew better. 

I did get a glimpse of his friends and the blonde one was pretending to faint at the words that came out of my mouth.

He gave me another sweet smile and sat back down. "I know the owners of this hotel." I explained so he wouldn't think I was in some sort of toxic relationship. "So does my husband. That is why I come here."

"Oh." He looked a little surprised. "Wasn't there a big scandal that went on here a couple of years ago? This couple, I think the guy's name was Nick something, they ended up getting killed. I heard somewhere that the owners were involved but then someone else said they weren't." He shrugged his shoulders. "There were like a million different stories circling the news about that."

"The owners themselves weren't involved with the deaths. But yes, it was in connection with this place, I suppose."

"Really? What happened?" His blue eyes lit up.

"That's something I can't share with you." They'd have my head if I ever let word slip about Silvio and the others. It was an embarrassment for the poor man. First his son spit on the family name, and then he allowed someone as small and insignificant as Nicola Grisanti nearly destroy him. Even the police department was paid their share of hush money. "This place is filled with deep dark secrets though. As am I."

The look in his eyes as I said that sentence made me smile. I had his full and undivided attention. "If you're smart, you'll run." I allowed my hand to fall back down on the counter.

"Oh, but I'm a huge idiot, that's nothing new."

I laughed. "Don't say I didn't warn you, amore."

"I didn't get your name." He called as I stood up from the chair.

"Evelyn. And yours?"

"Lucas."

"It was a pleasure meeting you, Lucas."

"The pleasure was all mine, Evelyn."

Eric didn't say goodbye as I walked out of the bar, he didn't even wave.

New chapter coming out Thursday on Radish and Friday on Wattpad