30: The Reception

Start from the beginning

Much to my relief, the wedding ceremony passed by like a blur. My brain had tuned out the whole thing to spare me from uprooting the pain I had long buried.

After politely greeting a few guests that happened to be near me. We were off to the reception area which was the function room across where the wedding was being held. It was convenient since it wasn't too far but I excused myself to go to the bathroom, telling my husband that I'll meet him and Hajoon at the reception.

I didn't really need to go to the bathroom but I needed to clear my head because my head is already racing with thoughts I shouldn't be even thinking.

I'm a married woman and yet I couldn't help but think about what could've been. I'm afraid to admit that I half-wished he did not say I do on that altar just a while ago.

J.JK

The wedding itself had already been weighing me down more than usual. I had to work more than usual to bring up sales and keep up with Lisa's demands for the wedding.

If I had any say in the matter I would rather be alone than to be married with her. I thought she could be someone I could depend on but turns out she was just a massive ball of unbridled jealousy.

Although she did care about me, she was too caught up in being better than Haewon that It slowly lost my hope in her.

And I can't even believe that she'd still bring up Haewon after all these years. I have done everything to avoid Haewon not only for her sake but for my sake.

Seeing Haewon married to someone else made my soft heart into an ironclad organ.

Yet Lisa seemed to just urge only the strongest emotions out of me whether it would be anger or sadness as I caught sight of the very person I never thought I'd see again in a lifetime.

Kyong Haewon.

She had grown her hair out and she looked so much like herself. Despite myself, I found myself smiling at her. The gorgeous woman that she is now showed that she had healed from the pain.

To my surprise, she smiled back and right then and there I was so ready to just quit this wedding and sweep her into my arms but instead I was told the ceremony would start and then reality hit me.

Haewon was looking more like herself because she was happy with Eunwoo and that is something I can never have with Lisa.

The ceremony passed by like a blur and the next thing I knew, I was at the reception, making my rounds to greet some guests when suddenly a small figure bumped into my knees.

I looked down and saw a little boy vaguely resembling someone I knew. I smiled and asked, "Are you lost little man?"

He shook his head and said, "Appa is at his table but I'm looking for my Eomma."

"Your Eomma? Why don't we look for her together?," I offered but before he could answer, I heard a familiar voice say, "Hajoon! Don't you ever run off like that ever again! Your Appa said you just ran off trying to look for me, don't you ever do that again!"

Before I knew it, I saw Haewon sweeping this little boy up into her arms and when she looked at me she was surprised at first then switched to a calm demeanor. "Thank you for keeping my son company," she said and I merely smiled and said, "It was no problem."