Phase One

Sequel to More Than Wonderful! Shall we?
Let's shall!  :D

*Olivia's POV*

Those two triplets have been through so much... Losing their parents and brother. Being bullied by that God awful Carmelita Spats. Getting kidnapped and ripped away from the Baudelaires. I saw some cuts on the arms of the restless children. I loved them like they were my own. They were both intelligent, darling children.

Duncan was just the most adorable little boy and I loved seeing him and his crush, Violet, interact... He was always so suave towards her and her little sister and I are just sitting around waiting for our ship to happen.

And Isadora was absolutely precious! She obviously thought Violet's brother was a godsend gift. Klaus always got all flustered on her behalf and it's basically the same story there - Baby Sunny and I are just waiting for our ships to happen...

I wanted so badly to make sure all five of them were safe and happy. And my dear Jacques was here to help me see this dream through. His smile sent shivers down my spine. There was something dashingly mysterious about him that made my heart flutter at the thought of his deep brown eyes. I sent a shy smile his way, which he apparently noticed from the corner of his eye. He smirked, keeping his eyes on the road. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Quagmires. I apologize it had to be under such odd circumstances." He said to Duncan and Isadora.

"We've read quite a bit about you," Isadora stated.
"Did you really know our parents?" Duncan asked,  "And the Baudelaire's parents too?"
" Other volunteers and I used to refer to Bertrand, Beatrice, Karen, and Quinten as the core four. So yes, I knew them well. " Jacques answered.
"Why haven't we met the Baudelaires before, if they were such good friends?" Isadora questioned.

"You know why. It's in those notebooks of yours," I replied, " And besides, you might've ended up seeing them more as cousins or something rather than your perfect matches." I added with a smirk.
Their faces turned bright red and I decided that was a perfect amount of teasing for the rest of the day... Maybe...

Several minutes later, we arrived out front of 667 Dark Avenue, where we had been going anyway to research the building for the Quagmire Triplets. I hated it when they were referred to as twins because of the death of Quigley Quagmire. The death of their brother doesn't change their birth identity...

"They live in the penthouse apartment now..." I told them. "Elevators aren't fashionable to use, so we apparently have to use the stairs."
" Screw being fashionable. We need to get there quickly in case if they're in serious danger! " Isadora said as Duncan nodded in agreement, pressing the elevator call button.

"You can't do that! 667 Dark Avenue has an important reputation and were not letting one family ruin it!" A doorman said. We didn't care and simply stepped into the elevator, pressing the button for the top floor. He said we were a family! I smiled at the closed elevator doors. An upbeat tune played and we all hummed along to it in a somewhat awkward fashion, like a normal elevator ride.

It took at least ten minutes to reach the top. The doors slid open and we rushed into the area. "Duncan and I go find the Baudelaires." Isadora whispered, verifying our game plan.
"Being them out here without being spotted by Olaf and Esmé," Duncan added.
"The seven of us slide down the banister, which will be the quickest more of transportation to the lobby," Jacques noted.
" And then I can get guardianship over you children. " I said quietly.

"Ready? Break!" We said in unison as Duncan and Isadora slipped into the penthouse.

*Isadora's POV*

Duncan and I silently agreed no talking would be best. We knew that if we were caught, it would spell disasTer with a capital T (as in Talentless Count).

We slinked through doorways, memorizing the path we took, hearing Esmé give everyone a tour. A figure dashed by, a stream of ebony hair following. Violet. We silently followed her into a room where she looked around and decided there was nothing good. I tapped her shoulder and she whipped around, a look of fear in her eyes that quickly faded as she saw it was just us.
"Duncan! Isadora!" She said happily. "I was looking for you two here."

We politely shushed her and explained that Esmé was absolutely never to be trusted.

"We need to get Klaus and Sunny." She whispered. We continued to follow the group at a distance. I heard Klaus give ooh's and ahh's to the rooms with a level of sarcasm only we could detect, as if children and adults spoke two different languages.

They came out of one room and we dashed into one they would pass. Violet drew a symbol on the door frame with a piece of chalk, presumably to get Klaus' attention that this room is important.

"What does the symbol mean?" I asked in a voice barely below a whisper.
"Immortality. It was the first thing that came to mind since it's on... Nevermind." She answered.

I decided I'd ask her later. Duncan seemed to know what she was talking about, since a smirk was plastered on his stupid face. "We're identical triplets, Izzie" I imagined him saying, "So if my face is stupid, so's yours!"

We watched Klaus silently hang back from the tour and slip into the room, where he quietly, but happily, greeted us. The Baudelaires were wearing matching pinstripe suits. Klaus. Looked. Hot. Not that he didn't always look hot. He did. Does. Ugh he's cute! That's what I'm saying. Thinking. Did his hand just brush mine? I wish I had the guts to do something out of line. Mine... Line... Rhyme... Couplet.

"Gimme a second. Couplet idea." I whispered, writing it down and keeping it to myself. At the top of the page was "K.B.+I.Q." so I especially wanted to hide this from Klaus. He was smart and could easily deduce that these couplets - some of them somewhat risqué - were about him. I nodded sheepishly as I tucked away my notebook.

Couplet: Written
Klaus: Hot.
Phase One: Complete.

******
1053 words