Happy Birthday, Klaus!

Sequel to The Fountian; Of Course!

*Klaus' POV*

Happy birthday, me! I am thirteen years old today! And I get to spend it with my sisters and the Quagmires! I thought about how happy my parents would be that we survived Olaf's treachery for what seemed like forever. I missed them. My first birthday without Mother and Father. I stretched out my stiff limbs as the sunlight streaming through the window greeted me. I grabbed my glasses off of my bedside table so I could see. Duncan was asleep. I tiptoed out of the door, as to not wake him, and into the kitchen. I heard Violet humming a soft tune to herself as she set the table. "Good morning, Violet," I greeted her.

"Morning, Klaus. Happy birthday!" She replied, embracing me.
"That tune doesn't sound familiar..."
" Hector is playing it in the barn while adding last minute touches to the Self-Sustaining Hot Air Mobile Home. He says today will be the day."

I gasped. "We're leaving today?"
Violet nodded enthusiastically, "Yeah! We're leaving at Cocktail Hour."
" Amazing! And it wouldn't be able to operate without the world's best inventor in our family!"
Violet took a deep breath, "I know I don't say this enough, Klaus, but I love you. You're the best brother I could ever have and I can't wait to see what you do with your life. I'm sure Mother and Father are so proud of you. Their little bookworm." I could see tears forming in her eyes as she mentioned Mother and Father. If anyone missed them more than me, it was her. "S-Sunny helped me make this." She added, wiping her eyes as she gestured to a large bowl of something delicious.

"Bread pudding..." I breathed out as tears welled up in my eyes as well. Mother and Father had burnt the bread pudding they tried making for me a year ago. I embraced her tightly as we silently mourned our parents. "Okay?" I heard Sunny ask. I lifted her up.

"Mother would be so happy to see you now. This bread pudding looks fabulous, Sunny." I said to my baby sister. She giggled as I bounced her up and down on my knee after I had sat down. "Teen!" She exclaimed.

"Yes I am thirteen years old today!" I said happily. I love my sisters so much. Our family moment was cut short when a large bunch of balloons appeared in the doorway of our house. I smiled warmly as Isadora handed me the balloons. "Happy birthday, Klaus!" She exclaimed, pecking my cheek. What an affectionate girlfriend I had. How did I get so... Lucky? I hadn't known what luck even felt like in a while. Isadora Quagmire made me happy. She was... Perfect. The perfect personality. The perfect looks. The perfect addition to my life.

"Thanks, Izzie. How's your morning going?"
"Fabulous now that you're up!"
" We'll leave you two alone... " Violet teased, taking Sunny into the next room. Isadora and I tied three balloons to each chair. "I have a gift for you!" She said as I tied off the last ribbon.
"What is it?" I asked, looking around the room. She giggle before giving me a long, sweet kiss. Isadora Quagmire was the kind of girl who found shy awkwardness attractive, which sometimes scared me since she would try to activate my flustered side on purpose...

"Wow..." I breathed out as she pulled away. She smirked as I ran my fingers through my hair, which I often do when I'm nervous or flustered.
"Cat got your tongue?" She teased.
" Um actually you did. " I joked.
She blushed as I patted her arm affectionately. "Hey, Izzie?"
" Yes, Baby?" She responded as she tried to fix my hair.
"I-I love you..." I said quietly.
"What?"
"I -I said that I love you..." I repeated a little louder.
"I love you too."

I felt so happy I could scream! That sounds odd, but it's exactly how I felt. Best birthday ever! I couldn't stop myself from leaning in and capturing her lips in mine. I felt her smile into the kiss as she her hands snaked around my neck. In a bold move, I set my hands on her hips. After a little while, we pulled away from the kiss with small smiles.

*Isadora's POV*

Oh. My. Fucking. God. Is Klaus Baudelaire, a godsent gift in my opinion, really in love with me? I was absolutely stunned. We shared a long, passionate kiss. His small smile reminded me of the first time I saw him smile and I couldn't help but swoon! Tsk tsk, Isadora, you're thirteen. Shouldn't you be in school and not making out with your boyfriend? Shove it, me.

"You're the best." I said, touching my nose to his.
" You have me beat by a long shot!" He retorted.
"No you do!" I giggled.
"No. I'm the best!" Duncan said from the entrance to the hallway. "Happy birthday, Klaus."

He handed Klaus a small gift wrapped in silver wrapping paper. "This is from Isadora and me." Duncan said. Klaus smiled at us and ripped into the wrapping paper, revealing a dark blue commonplace notebook. "We thought it might help with your research!" I explained.
"This is perfect! Thank you, Quagmires!" He replied, giving us a hug.

~*~

"Cocktail Hour," I whispered.
"A time to be free from mysteries," Violet added.
"Free from separation," Duncan noted.
"Free from treachery," Klaus summarized.
"We'll be safe," I said, taking Klaus' hand.
"And we'll be together," Violet replied, taking Duncan's hand.

We boarded the Self-Sustaining Hot Air Mobile Home, never letting go of each other's hands. Violet held Sunny in one arm and held Duncan's hand with the other. My brother had never been happier than he was with Violet. Quigley would've approved of her. Hell, he probably would've tried to take her for himself. Klaus and I would not let him do that; it would simply kill Duncan. Oh God, I missed Quigley. He may have been an asshat, but he was our asshat...

"Izzie? Izzie, Love?" Klaus asked, waving a hand in front of me. I wiped a few tears from my face. "I know it must be hard without Quigley. If you ever need a shoulder to cry on, I'm not going anywhere."

Klaus always knew exactly what to say.

"Happy birthday, Baby." I said, wrapping my arms around him.

**********
1071 words

A/N: Almost forgot to show y'all this little beauty...

Not as cute as my others, but I'm still super proud of it!