Chapter Forty Five

Start from the beginning

Blayze

The road that I knew like the back of my hand was stretched out both in front of Me and behind Me, for as far as the eye could see.
Further even.
My phone was connected to the stereo, because out here you couldn't trust the radio to last any further than twenty K's out of the Riverston township.
"Are you okay?"
I pulled my gaze off the red dirt road to glance across the cab at my Teenaged passenger.
"Excellent."
I muttered, turning my focus back to the road.
"Sure seem's like it."
Blayze grumbled.
I glanced over at Him again.
Part of Me wanted to tell Him what was going on.
But Bailey and I discussed it.
We keep Blayze out of it.
I'm still yet to work out what's even really going on with the Teen.
We definitely didn't need to drag him into Adult bullshit.
"So what'd you think of your stay?"
I asked, trying to not only strike up conversation, but also distract myself from what would go down soon.
"Does it sound stupidly ridiculous if I say it was amazing?"
Blayze answered.
I shook my head.
"I wasn't that much older than you are now when I first stepped foot on Harley Crest and met most of the same people you've met."
I informed Him.
"And what did You think?"
Blayze asked.
Out the corner of my eye, I noticed Him twist slightly in the passenger seat so that He was almost facing Me.
"I was a hell of a mess back then."
I explained, my grip tightening on the steering wheel as I thought back to my newly turned sixteen year old self.
"Isaiah rode my arse incredibly hard."
I remembered.
"But they were never unfair. They taught Me a hell of a lot."
"I bet they didn't work You harder than you've worked Me."
Blayze retorted.
I laughed!
"What?!"
My Nephew demanded.
I shot him a sideways glance.
"My arse was ridden a hell of a lot harder than anything I've thrown at You, for year's."
I promised him.
Blayze's eyes widened and his jaw dropped.
Laughing to myself, I put my focus back on the road.
"No way."
Blayze denied.
"Way."
I retorted.
"But that's actually what makes me respect them as much as I do to this day."
I mused.
Blayze remained silent this time.
I couldn't help but laugh.
"I can even cook, thanks to Grace."
"You can cook?!"
Blayze exclaimed.
"Yeah."
"How come Bailey always does then?"
Blayze queried.
Because that's the way we roll.
"Bailey and I have an understanding."
I muttered.
The road had turned to bitumen.
I could just glimpse the outskirts of the Riverston township.

Bailey

The excited cackle of my Toddler made Me turn away from my task of fixing homemade Subway's for Lunch.
Luka took off across the lounge room, laughing his head off, while Codie flipped a decorative couch cushion in his hands.
What the?
"Boy's will be Boy's, I guess!"
I turned to Mum at the sound of her giggle.
"What just happened?"
I asked, confused.
"Luka threw the cushion at Codie and ran off laughing!"
Mum explained, her green eyes dancing.
I turned around to face the lounge room.
"That was your's and Noah's fault, Codie!"
I called out.
"I know!"
He replied.
"What was my fault?"
Noah asked, walking out of the hallway with Brodie in her arm's.
"That."
I pointed across to the lounge room as I watched Codie lob the cushion across the room, in Luka's direction.
I waited with baited breath as the blue and white square soared for my eldest Son, hoping Codie had made his throw as gentle as possible.
Luka staggered a couple of step's when the cushion collided with him, but regained his footing, laughing his butt off and bent over to pick the cushion up from where it came to rest on the floor.
With his blue eyes sparkling, Luka picked up a surprisingly steady run while carrying the cushion.
This time though, He headed for the armchair that Jax was seated in, rather than for Codie.
"Watch out for Dale!"
I shouted, but it was too late, because Luka had thrown the cushion towards Jax, who was holding Dale in the crook of his left arm.
Thankfully Jax easily caught the cushion.
Laughing his little butt off, Luka turned around to run away, clearly hoping Jax, like Codie, would retaliate.
Jax's green gaze turned towards the Kitchen and flickered from Mum, to Me.
I rolled my eyes.
The corner of his lip's twitching upward, Jax turned his focus to mine and Blayze's runaway Child and gently tossed the decorative cushion after Him.
Luka roared with delighted laughter as the cushion bounced off his back.
"I knew it would be what I was preparing for, coz Codie's a menace, but I wasn't exactly expecting it for you."
Noah remarked, sucking into the Kitchen with Brodie's back propped against her front and her arms supporting the Baby's torso.
"Oh it was well expected!"
Mum stated, laughter lacing her words.
"Both the Harley gene and the Riley one are rambunctious to my knowledge!"
Yeah.
And my Boy's would grow up with two of them being Twin's and their older Brother being just over thirteen month's older than them!
Blayze and I were in for hell.