chapter 42

(joes pov)

I heard my phone vibrate. i picked it up and saw a text from Demi. 'I'll be home by 2.' I looked at the clock and saw it was 1:48. I quickly got up and went to check on Brooklyn. she was still sound asleep in her crib. I smiled at her as a walked out of my room and creeped downstairs to unlock the door for Demi. I knew she didn't have a key.

I texted her back. 'it's unlocked babe.' and walked into the kitchen and turned on the light. I went to the refrigerator and saw leftover pizza and nacho cheese dip out along with lots of pies, cakes, brownies, cookies, and lots of fatty foods from the open house. the party streamers were all cleaned up and it was almost like there hadn't just been a big family party.

I heard the door open and went to greet Demi with a kiss. I kissed her cheek and smelled marijuana on her breath. "dem.." she looked at me. I turned the light on and saw her eyes were red and she couldn't keep them open. "are u high?" she giggled. "just a little buzzed."

I was mad at first, we have a daughter now. it's time to grow up, but then I thought about it. we are still only 18. before I knew it we were both sitting on my bed and demi was rolling a joint. I watched as she sprinkled the marijuana onto the paper and started to roll it up. she licked it closed and twisted the ends. finally, she put it in her mouth and lit it at the end as she inhaled. she passed it to me. I grabbed it and copied how she held it with my thumb on the bottom and index finger over the front.

I felt my vision get a little blurry as I kept inhaling. everything looked really cool to me all of a sudden. from my white walls to the black bed spread. I handed the joint back I demi as I saw her eyes getting red, and her body was doing nothin but staying still.

after we finished that joint and a bowl she'd loaded. we were both stoned as fuck. I laid down and put my arm around her and we both just stared up at the ceiling. "babe you're perfect."i told her. I looked over at her as she smiled but never broke her gaze from the ceiling.

I decided to go check on Brooklyn so I stood up and peeked my head in the nursery door. my baby girl was sleeping so quietly. I then walked back to my room and opened a window to get the smell of smoke out of my room.

demi was now asleep. I smiled as I stated at her. she's so adorable. I can't wait to make her my wife.

(end)