"Yes, WE do. And if you or those advisors think I'm just going to sit back and look pretty you've got another thing coming to you." I said firmly. 

Nicholas chuckled, "I wouldn't expect anything less from you. I'll have another desk moved into the office for you. You're a Queen who knows her place." 

Ever since we'd completed the mating it seemed like finally Nicholas and I were on the same page, finally connected completely. 

"Come on then," I said trying to push Nicholas out of bed with my foot, "It's only just gone 12:00, still got the rest of the day to be productive." 

"Well, you know what my interpretation of productive is," Nicholas growled smirking, and gripping my waist. 

"Oh No, no, no you don't!" I squealed scrambling out of bed, "We've done enough of that this week, now shoo! Go puts some bloody clothes on!" I laughed. 

Before Nicholas could trick me back into bed I hurried into the closet to dress. I put on a simple navy skater dress with quarter length sleeves with dark brown kitten heel boots feeling it was smarter. I need to project the aura of a queen now, my armor against those who wanted me to fail. 

I heard Nicholas in the shower when I came out, so I decided to go ahead to the office and see if I could find Valentine or one of the guys. 

After the winding corridors, I wasn't far from Nicholas' office when I heard an unpleasant and familiar voice. Sokolov.

"Is everything in place? Good, good. Now we must make sure everything goes to plan, by attacking them we not only take down Russia's enemies, but we weaken her too. Soon the King will see sense." 

A muffled voice replied something. 

Sokolov was quiet before replying, "Well if he doesn't then we simply execute phase 3. He'll be more inclined to our cause with the new serum KL-61 running through his veins."

I held my hand over my mouth to stop any sound escaping. In the heat of the night of the ball, I had completely forgotten to tell Nicholas of everything Sokolov had said to me about the twisted and this new serum. How could I have been so stupid!

"You have your orders, you know what to do when they are completed."

Then footsteps coming my way, Crap. What would Sokolov do if he thought I had overheard him and whoever he'd been speaking to?

"Rose! Finally escaped to the bedroom then!" 

I whipped around and saw Leo behind me, "Oh thank god, Leo listen to me now it's urgent-"  

But before I could continue Sokolov came around the corner. 

"Your majesty." He gave me a half-hearted bow, eyes narrowed. 

"Advisor Sokolov, what are you doing skulking around." Asked Leo in a hard voice, 

Sokolov's mouth curled into a snarl but his voice remained pleasant, "Just collecting some papers, I bid you both a good day." He bent his head before turning on his heal and heading out of sight. 

"I never liked that guy." Said Leo quietly as he watched him disappear.

"Neither, listen to me Leo, I think Sokolov and some others are planning something, something really bad. I overheard him talking to someone about an attack but I don't know where or when." I ran my hands through my hair frustratedly, panic building in my chest along with a sharp ache, "And he said something about injecting a new serum into Nicholas! That can't happen!" 

"Hey, Rose! Shh shhh, calm down, don't panic we'll sort this out ok." Leo put his hands on my shoulders in an attempt to stop me fretting. 

Nicholas and Valentine came around the corner discuss something,