VI : Feelings

You were so glad Monoma wasn't more experienced in tango than you and Sero were. It was pretty obvious to figure, anyways, considering he started complaining about how 'inappropriate' it was to have students do such a dance. It seems the four of you had to improvise, meaning you and your gliding quirk had the upper hand. A lot of tango moves included the guy lifting up his partner and either twirling her as she refrained from touching the ground, or almost literally dragging her. Your gliding would surely come in handy.

The only issue was the touching, and the feeling you had to get in play for tango. Although it technically should be difficult for you to reproduce, you had a doubt that your... feelings for Hanta would sort of... make things easier. Which in the end might give you away. This was such a bad idea all around...

"Are you sure you still want to do this?" Sero asked with worry laced in his tone as he placed a hand on your shoulder. "We can always back ou-"

"And get beaten to death by King Murder Explosion? I think not." You shot back before he could even finish his sentence. "I'm not chickening out before Monoma does."

"The rivalry between the two of you truly is unhealthy..." Sero wondered out loud. Luckily, you didn't seem in the mood to argue with the undeniable truth he just blurted out.

"If anyone wants to forfeit, it's still time." Midnight reminded both teams. "We won't and can't force you into this."

You shot a look towards your competition, seeing that Monoma was still trying to convince Kendo to toughen out through the last event. Although he was out of your peripheral vision, you could practically feel Sero's skeptical gaze on you. As if you'd back out now. You weren't one to give things up halfway. There's no way you're giving up now with no reasonable excuse.

To confirm things (and because you just really felt like it), your hand reached out to grab his and give it a soft squeeze, silently telling him that you're going to go all the way, no matter what was required. If you had to do the split to win this for your class, you're going to dislocate your hips and legs.

On second thought, maybe the sudden courage you got was just Midoriya possessing you...

Sero just wanted to curl up somewhere and smile. You reached out for his hand. He knew he shouldn't be thinking much about it, but what a way to take away his doubts. He loved holding your hand like this so much and in front of people, now? Heck yeah. They can all see how comfortable the two of you were with each other, whether you were a couple or not. Seeing you initiate the contact must shut down any others who might have a crush as you as well. But oh, lord how you were a determined person. He could barely imagine how amazing you'd be in a relationship...

"Well, then!" The teacher exclaimed as both teams remained silent and somewhat determined. "I wish the best of luck for all of you!" And the music began.

"Oh, wow, it's already going." You gaped when you heard how intense it already was. "I guess we'll really have to improvise, huh?"

It doesn't help that tango is harder to improvise than waltz. In waltz, the basics are the same. A three beat song with a three beat dance, you know? The pattern is usually everywhere in the song. Tango, now? Not the best, unless you know the song in advance. There is no 'pattern', although there is a theme, but it's not always there. It could be dry and mysterious but could also turn loud and fluid the next second with no warning. How the hell were you supposed to improvise to this?

You didn't have much time to think before Monoma got down to business. Seeing him take action, you pressed your body against Sero's and activated your quirk once again, allowing him to move without worrying about you so much.