un

"no, jungkook, it doesn't work that way."

"mom, i like doing this. it makes me happy."

jungkook bowed his head slightly at his mother, turning at his heels and walking back to his study. he fixed his sweatpants, pulling the hem above his hips and tightening the strings. sweeping back the hair that fell into his face, jungkook huffed loudly and sat at the edge of the bed.

"it's getting long. i should cut it."

he dug his fingers into his drawer, fingers roaming for a pair of scissors.

"there." he mumbled, grabbing at the pair of scissors he had just fished out of his drawer.

he walked to the toilet, eyes glued onto his phone, scissors in hand.

shuffle play.

jungkook placed his phone on the basin.

he never seemed like a meticulous person. his table was untidy, he constantly looked unkempt, especially since his choice in clothing wasn't the greatest, choosing the baggiest and most loose-fitting t-shirts and sweatpants.

but yet he was.

jungkook liked to draw.

every line, every dot of paint, every smudge, each and every single stroke- was planned. the angle at which the brush hit the paper, the thickness of a brush stroke when he placed pressure on the paper, the consistency of the paint he used to create these beautiful shades- everything, was planned.

and so jungkook was a meticulous person, for jungkook liked to draw.

he smoothened his hair, planning to trim the fringe  only. holding the scissors in his hand, he cut his hair haphazardly, dusting off bits and strands of his hair onto the bathroom floor.

the pair of scissors was blunt, leaving his hair jagged and uneven at the front.

fantastic.

he took one last look in the mirror, convincing himself that he didn't look bad. it wasn't like he had anyone to impress anyways.

he blew upwards, his hair no longer tickling his eyes, parted above his eyebrows. he shook his head, running his hand through his newly cut hair.

he couldn't care less.

heaving a long sigh, he plopped back down onto his chair, rolling himself back to his desk. he rested his elbows on the table, placing his head in his hands. he was getting tired.

everyday seemed to be a routine. he'd wake up, draw, eat, get told that he couldn't live as an artist, rant about it to yoongi hyung, get told to ignore his mother's worthless comments, draw some more, eat, and then probably fall asleep at 3am thinking of what he was gonna do in the future.

he was very, very tired.

and with that he picked up his pencil once again, wondering what he hasn't drawn before, dusting the eraser dust off his sketching pad. he was down to his last page. he puffed his cheeks, thinking about how chilly the weather must be outside, while standing up to draw his curtain.

sunshine streamed in.

"that's not too bad," he muttered to himself.

then he noticed the moving trucks.

as he tied the curtain to a side to see the trucks clearer- something else caught his eye.

from a room parellel to jungkook's, stood a boy about his age.

jungkook subconsciously fixed his hair while gazing at the boy.

he had handsome features, a perfect nose, cheekbones and jawline sculpted gently, his eyes soft and alluring, lips curved beautifully, a prominent cupid's bow marking his upper lip.

and then the boy looks up, eyes meeting jungkook's scrutiny.

he cocks his head to a side.

"why's he staring at me like that?"

jungkook's cheeks flush.

he'd never seen someone so charming, so captivating-

the boy waves.

"hi, neighbour," he shouts across the street.

jungkook blushes once more.

[a/n:]

heyy omg it's been a long while since i updates like and flowerboy... but me being me i decided to upload a new book?? im uploading it so i can use it in the future(?) maybe for a webtoon or to post on ao3 i'm not very sure!! but i hope you enjoy this as much as you enjoyed dawn and like!! do let me know if you guys want me to continue like as well... i'll try get over my writers block for like!

love, flirtseok!