First Real Day

Hannah finished her breakfast with little time to spare, before her first class started.  Her thoughts about her roommate were finally starting to simmer down, as she started wondering how her class would go. The first class she had would be "Desktop Publishing".  Not a super interesting class, but one she needed to take for her major.

       The class was easy, just a basic lecture, about topics she was already familiar with.  She was happy about that, because she was more interested in returning back to her roommate, to make sure everything was still okay between them.  She was still worried Breanna would end up leaving the school after the embarrassing incident this morning. 

       She made her way back to the room. She had a few hours before her next lecture, so this would be the perfect time to talk with her roommate again.  Unfortunately for her, Breanna was not in the room.  This worried her a little, but she figured Breanna must still be in class.  She waited for about fifteen minutes, playing on her phone to pass the time. However she grew too anxious and decided to see if Breanna's belongings were still there.  Breanna's bag was no longer sticking out of the drawer, so Hannah decided to open it to see if it was still in there.

       Just as Hannah opened the drawer revealing the bag, the door opened up.  Breanna had just witnessed Hannah invading her privacy. "Get out of there!" Breanna yelled as she darted towards Hannah, not even closing the door behind her. "I thought I could trust you.  But here you are, going through my stuff."  "It's not what you think! I.." Hannah started, but was cut off by Breanna. "You what? You wanted to borrow a" "Tampon!" Hannah yelled as she ran to close the door, noticing a few onlookers, probably drawn in by the yelling.

       Slamming the door, Hannah turned back to Breanna who was still sitting in front of her bed, again red in the face.  Unsure if it was Breanna's anger, or the fact that she almost told everyone about her situation, Hannah started apologizing.  "I'm sorry! I was worried you had left the school! I swear I'd never make fun of you, or tell anybody else about your private life.  And it doesn't matter to me at all what you wear to bed.  Breanna had seemed to calm down, but was obviously still very embarrassed.  "It's not..it's not just to bed. When I.. when I'm nervous I sometimes.." "Oh, well that's okay too.  Besides I bet they look cute on you anyway." The words slipped out of Hannah's mouth before she fully thought about what she was saying.

       Breanna still as red as ever gave no verbal response. Hannah had noticed the puzzled look on her face though.  Almost as if she was confused and in shock at the same time.  The two didn't speak, or make eye contact for a couple minutes, when Breanna finally ask "Can I? Can I have the room for a moment?"  "Yes, of..of course. I'll be right outside."

       Hannah stepped outside the room, leaned against the door, and continued her thoughts.  "I'm not even sure what I'm saying anymore.  I think I actually like her. She's so cute and innocent." Her thoughts went on for a few moments, before being interrupted by the door opening behind her.

       Hannah stumbled, letting out a somewhat quiet yell when the door she was leaning on opened.  As she fell, she grabbed onto Breanna, who only ended up going down with her.  Hannah couldn't help but laugh at the situation.  Breanna too started laughing, soon after.  Hannah closed the door with her foot, and the two just lied there giggling for another twenty seconds or so. 

       "You've got a cute laugh" Hannah said, still mildly giggling.  Breanna turned her usual shade of red, and Hannah continued "and I hope it doesn't bother you when I say this, but you're cute when you turn all red too." Breanna brought her hands up to cover her face as she turned slightly away.  She wasn't hiding her face too well though, as Hannah could clearly see the giant smile on her face.