The Game of Temptation

Start from the beginning

 I, on the other hand, was heading in a different direction for Stephen F. Austin University, planning on studying social psychology to become a psychiatrist.

 I felt tears in my eyes again. Dammit, I wasn't ready for this. I hated goodbyes, but it was happening. I was leaving tomorrow, so was Alex. This was our last night together.

 A single tear fell, hitting his arm.

 "Come on," he whispered, backing away a little.

 I frowned. "Where are we going?" I asked.

 "A little drive. Call it our memory lane." He smiled, but I could see the pain in his eyes. He hated this as much as me, if not more.

 I nodded, unable to say no. I couldn't, not now.

 My parents loved Alex, he was impossible to hate, and they'd said that just for tonight, we had a come-and-go clearance. They knew how much we cared about each other, and even if they hated it they knew we'd done it. They also knew how hard this was for us, thank God.

 We hopped into Alex's truck, starting the drive past the high school and into the usually busy area of Dallas. I couldn't help wanting to cry at how different it seemed already. I hadn't even left yet, but somehow the city seemed less like home. I saw the high school where countless times we'd snuck out of class to make out in a bathroom or under the bleachers. There was an ice-cream shop that we had our first date at, and the movie theater we'd been banned from for life due to the fact that we'd spent the movie making out loudly. There was the house that was always unlocked and breaking down; we'd definitely made some memories in that place...

 Alex drove around eventually pulling into a parking lot. I recognized it immediately as the park we'd first kissed. He stopped the car, staring mindlessly at the dashboard that said the time was 2:34AM. We had mere hours before I left.

 Without warning, Alex hit the top of the steering wheel. "This isn't fair. I don't think I want to go to Tarleton anymore. Hell, I don't even think I like being an adult anymore."

 I just bit my lip. "I know. You have to though, Alex. You know you do." Again tears filled my eyes, making me almost laugh. I'd never been this emotional in my life. I was usually the girl who never cried, and now I was on my fourth or fifth set of tears.

 "I know." His voice broke slightly, and he leant over to me to kiss me, his lips telling me how desperate he was for this to not happen, for us to just skip college and live together.

 "Izzy..." He groaned as I moved to straddle him. I bit my lip at his name for me. Sure it was a common nickname for Isabelle, but the way he said it always made me want more.

 I bit his lip lightly, unable to resist smiling at his reaction.

 So maybe it wasn't the most sanitary place to do it, but it seemed only fitting that we should considering we kissed here first.

 It seemed like only minutes later, but I knew by the clock on the dashboard that it had been over an hour and a half, but the slightly lighter sky dawned.

 I sighed, tracing Alex's abs with my finger. "Why does this have to end?" I muttered, not even sure if he heard me.

 "I don't know," he said, simply, wrapping his arms around me. He groaned, and I looked up to see him glaring at the clock. "We should probably get dressed. You're leaving in about six hours and you still have some packing."

 I nodded. Of course I did. And my parents would probably want me to get a little nap in before I started the three and a half to four hour drive.