:Believe Me, I'm Lying: 13

Start from the beginning

"Stay out of it, Oliver," Arden growled.

Oliver shrugged, a smirk gracing his lips. "I just wanted to give my two cents."

"If I wanted you're two cents, I would have robbed you."

"I think you mean asked you," Zak interjected, smirking in amusement.

Arden snorted. "No, because I wouldn't ask Oli for anything."

"It's Oliver," Oliver growled. "Don't call me Oli."

"Why not, Oli?"

"I mean it, Arden."

"Aw, does Oli not like being called by a cute little nickname?" Arden teased, pouting at Oliver.

"Arden, stop it," I commanded, frowning at him. "Don't encourage him."

Arden's attention abruptly snapped to me and he frowned. For a moment I thought he was going to tell me to shut up, but instead he sighed. "Sorry, Ms. Allen."

"You all need to stop fighting," I started, turning my attention to the whole class. "You all fight over the stupidest things! You better start getting along."

There were snorts and barks of laughter throughout the room. Even Arden cracked a smirk. A hand was suddenly placed on my shoulder and I jumped, turning to see coon tail boy grinning at me.

"Impossible," he stated.

"Nothing's impossible, Luke."

"I have to agree," Joey added. "I could never get along with them..." He nodded his head towards the other side of the room.

"Joey, your brother is one of 'them'!"

"We do not get along," Joel interjected before Joey could reply. "I couldn't get along with someone like him."

"You take the words right out of my mouth," Joey said flatly.

"Glad the feeling is mutual."

I rolled my eyes. "Listen, I don't care about your whole school gang problems, but this is my class. And in my class, we get along. Got it?"

"You say that," Oliver started, "but still you partner us with people we get along with, and also divide us to two different sides of the room?"

"The only reason I do that is because I don't want a repeat of the first day," I told him, narrowing my eyes.

"Then how are we supposed to 'get along'?" Oliver demanded, rolling his eyes.

I narrowed my eyes. "Well, since you're so keen on wanting to get along, I'll switch up the partners starting next week."

Oliver suddenly glared at me. I resisted the urge to smirk smugly at him, and turned back to the class. Everyone now had apprehensive expressions on. To be honest, the idea of setting new partners up- partners I knew they wouldn't get along with, made me apprehensive as well. But I was tired of all the fighting. It was worth a shot.

"Oh no, my chocolate!"

My eyes snapped to Zak, who was staring at his pot in horror. It took me a few seconds to realize that his pot was on fire. My jaw dropped in shock as Zak threw me a bewildered look.

"What do I do?" he asked in a panicked voice.

"Get the fire extinguisher!" Joey ordered before I could respond, yanking Zak away from the burning pot.

"I've got it!" Luke responded before I could even turn towards the area where the fire extinguisher was held.

"I should do it," I protested, taking a step towards him.