Thanks to John, our family is protected. We live together according to our own morals, and no one disrupts our way of life. Many faithful followers have joined us since we arrived in Hope County. They are mostly men and woman who attended my sermons and were enlightened by my messages. For others, the prospect of a healthy, structure life in the Eden's Gate community was their last hope.

Though the spiteful and envious will always spread baseless lies about our community, among honest people in the area, we have a reputation for working miracles.

It is said that the greatness of our Project, our morality, and the support we give to one another have pulled people from the depths of the darkest depressions and the deepest addictions. Such was the case with Faith - doesn't matter what her name used to be. When she showed up on our doorstep, she was a young woman ravaged by drugs. She was strikingly beautiful, despite the scars left by addiction and the profound despair evident on her face.

I told her that drugs and alcohol were strictly forbidden in our community, that the only highs we experienced came from our faith.

I said that I didn't judge her past that many of us had turned to bottles and needles in order to forget the cruelty of the world and the loneliness that weighed upon us, but she had to understand that things were different now; she was no longer alone. In the Eden's Gate community, siblings support each other. We are one big family. The last family and the first. Faith underwent a painful, gruesome period of withdrawal. More than once, she nearly gave up. But with the help of her brothers and sisters, she held strong.

In her worst moments, we permitted her a dose of scopolamine, a medication that gave her some respite and helped her forget the needles and syringes.

And thus, Faith was purified.

Today, she follows in the footsteps of the others who came before her and helps people forget. She is the sister who offers carefree moments of joy.

Whenever she deems it necessary, she helps our chosen ones find peace, as she found in her time of delirium and suffering. Not everyone is able to withstand the destiny I reveal to them.

How can I blame my children for losing sleep when they learn that the world as they know it will disappear forever?

Thanks to Faith, the members of our community are able to accept and internalise the word, to obey without doubting, to give themselves over entirely to the family, melding together to become a single unit with the sole objective of achieving the destiny of the chosen ones.

Combining their vast knowledge. Faith and Peter have set up a laboratory and, through people John knows, obtained equipment that normally only hospitals have access to. Today, with no outside help, we have the ability to provide medical treatment and manufacture medicines that will help us survive. Some valley residents say we are conduction animal experiments in our lab.

Wherever there are people, there are envious people. They sow discord, spread rumours, and live to slander others. Soon they will no longer exist, and when flames shoot from their mouths, the lies they tell will be silenced forever.

The fact that Peter was the first geneticist to settle in the area was enough to set people talking. Or maybe it was the accidents that had been occurring in the woods for some time. Hunters had been found dead and torn to pieces, sending the valley into a flurry of speculation. Like you, I am repulsed by the idea of altering the creation of the divine. I respect its creatures. But the world will cease to exist soon, and in any case these stories help drive away curiosity seekers.

John also helps ensure that the sheriffs don't come too near. After all, no one wants to risk the focus of small town gossip.

As for Jacob, he is free to build the arsenal that will aid our defence when dazed apocalypse survivors seek us out and try to look our resources. We must purchase weapons - many, many weapons. We need trucks, and tanks, and airplanes.

Our men must be strong and hard of heart. They must become ruthless. For the day will come when all those who remained deaf to my message will fall at our feet, begging for mercy. They will hold out their terrified children and ask to feed them, to take them in. They will call on our humanity, on our love. But that is not the divine plan: only a handful of chosen ones must be saved. So we must build walls around our hearts and our homes. We must renounce in order to be reborn, abandon our status as men to become the swords, the vengeful arms of the grand plan that I have revealed. Every member of the family is ready to die for our Projects, but from them Jacob has selected three hundred warriors. Many of them are former soldiers. They are the fiercest and the most skilled. They form an elite troop of three hundred Spartans who will guard the entrances to our refuges, against which the waves of violence and despair will crash. Until everything quiets down.

In the meantime, as we await the inevitable storm, we lead a simple life at Eden's Gate.

Our family's first concern is to fortify our faith. When the day comes our souls must be filled with courage and confidence. We support and help each other; we pray and sing together. I tell them what the Voice told me, again and again. When doubt creeps in, the most fragile members confess to John. Everyone has known misfortune in one way or another. A Father would have be uncompromising indeed not to forgive their moments of weakness. Here, everyone has suffered, whether at the hands of others, from addiction, or from their own decisions. They all have families, friends, and memories, and deep down they know that all of them will die. When it's all too much for them to bear, Faith helps them find peace.

Sometimes they must be punished, as all children must, but we always keep in mind that everyone here has accepted my message, and therefore everyone here is sacred.

Our world is no longer ruled by greed and selfishness, but rather by a brotherhood and an unshakeable faith strong enough to overcome any addiction and make us new again.

We live apart from the outside world. we live together, far away from the vile, rotten society that nearly devoured us all at one time or another. We live away from its lies, its false idols, its obscene music, and it overwhelming desire for material wealth.

We keep as far as possible from the toxic fumes of airplanes hidden messages in advertisements, the hypnosis of television and the internet, and the lies taught in schools. We are hidden from the government that monitors our every move. We have rejected the poison they put in our food, that they inject us with-all those chemicals, and the physical and mental manipulations whose purpose was to enslave us and distance us from original virtue.

We work hard toward the noble goal of preparing for the end of this detestable world. We sow, reap, and preserve. The days are long, but here, everyone knows they have been chosen, and no one spares any effort. We must build shelters, store food, construct defences and maintain weapons and equipment. Each person works according to his or her ability. The cooks feed us, the soldiers guard us, the farmers' harvest, and the carpenters build. Everyone digs and shores up the tunnels where we will take refuge when the end comes - when we are given the sign that we are ready each day to receive.

That is the life of the chosen ones.