Chapter 9: There is a thin line between love and hate

Start from the beginning

“How are you going to get in?” Reece now asked from over my shoulder.

“I’ll try the tree, now that it isn’t raining” I said more to myself then him, before striding around the corner and into my back garden.

“Oh I can’t wait to see this” Max muttered, making me shot him a glare over my shoulder.

The mud was still soft, under my bare feet and I was just thankfully it was no longer in puddles, like it was yesterday. I began to climb the tree a lot faster this time and successfully, I had done this a few times before, but that was just for fun with Mayce.

I squealed when I branch that was now supporting all my body weight, shook slightly. I took a deep calming breath to contain my nervous and glanced down at the naked boys who were laughing and encouraging me.

Idiots.

I took another large breath before reaching as far as I could and grasping my window, but to my horror and dismay. I had locked my window. I was quick to lean back and shuffle so I was gripping onto the trunk of the tree, before I began cursing.

“What the hell?” Nick shouted.

I glared down at them “I locked my window Poo-face. I can’t get in” I informed them, as I began to climb back down, squeaking whenever a branch would break or wobble.

“Poo-face” Jester snigger, his body shaking as he contained his laughter. The other guys were exchanged what-the-fuck looks as they stared at him, before turning their attention back on me.

“What now?” Reece asked, and they all looked at me expectantly.

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders, looking down at my dirty feet as I thought of what I could do.

“You could break a window” Max suggested, making everyone give him a look as if to ask him if he was serious.

“That would cost kind of a lot to fix Max, so I don’t think she would want to do that” Reece said, rolling his eyes.

Suddenly I grinned mischievously, and began walking to the wooden fence at the end of my garden “A lot of money, huh?” I inquired.

“Yeah why?” Nick asked, as I bent down and picked up a large rock hiding it from their sights as I strutted back over to them.  

Well this will be a nice gift for my stupid mother, who pretty much neglects us. After all … She works ALL that time. To get ALL that MONEY. For OUR so called FAMILY. So, I’m sure she won’t mind paying some money to fix a broken window at our own home. 

“Cause I’m sure, my mum is going to love this pay check!” I smirked evilly.

They all exchanged confused glances, before I slung my arm back and launching the rock at the kitchen window, shattering it into pieces. I gasped at my own actions and clasped a hand to my mouth, looking at the shattered window in shock.

I heard them all gasp, and I looked at them with wide eyes, they all look bewildered and in a state of disbelief and shock. Suddenly a strange and exhilarating feeling that I had never felt before coursed through my body.

I suddenly began laughing, and bouncing on the balls of my feet, kind of like I do, whenever the adrenalin I feel from riding on Nick’s bike or when I get a suger rush from eating too many sweets. “Oh my god” I breathed in disbelief.

“Ha, see how you like that mum!” I shouted, still laughing as I now as I carefully climbed through the broken window, only slightly cutting my arm.

I found the keys and unlocked the kitchen door and gestured for the boys to come in, who were still rooted to the spot and looking at me in surprise and confusion.