Chapter 21:Finally News of her death arrive.

Start from the beginning

Although Gu Hongjian knew that Lin Size wanted to let her enter the harem, but she didn't think that he would actually want her to become empress, so she was slightly shocked, before repeating:

"Empress?"

"Otherwise, what?" LinSize glanced at her, "I've said it before, I want you to always stand by my side.

Although back in the day, when I originally said this, I hadn't thought that it would be this meaning,

but now, the position of empress, other than you, I haven't thought of anyone else."

Gu Hongjian couldn't but admit that she had been deeply touched, but she still shook her head, saying "Let's just cancel this arrangement. What an empress needs is to mother the world.

Look at me, do you think I am fit for such a role?"

"Fit." LinSize answered firmly.

Gu Hongjian "....."

Really. Only this guy can say those words out of his mouth.

Gu Hongjian was a little bit impatient, saying: "No way.... I don't want to enter the harem."

"Why?" LinSize, although a little bit unhappy, still asked while holding back his emotions.

Gu Hongjian was a little tempted to reveal the real reason, but she managed to control herself, saying: "It doesn't matter how you think, I'm not fit for staying in the harem, to obediently be your consort.... or even the empress for that matter? You understand my personality, I don't like that lifestyle."

"The harem will only have you. The way you want it to be will be the way it will be. It won't be any different from the past." Lin Size replied.

GuHongjian looked at LinSize, the more her heart was moved by his words, the more she felt a sliver of pain in the depths of her heart.

She moved her lips, saying: "But I don't like it that way. Right now, I'm in the imperial court, at least I have many things to do. In the harem, I can only stare off into s.p.a.ce. You don't need to say anything for me to do things that I want to do. You know that things can't entirely stay the same."

LinSize thought for a moment, before respond: "This reason is a bit too forced, I don't approve."

GuHongjian answered: "Zuo Ning Yan"

These three words were really convenient to use. Right after she had said them, LinSize's countenance quickly changed, before answering: "What?"

"She's the one who originally was supposed to be the empress in your heart, right?" Gu Hongjian looked at him, saying, "Except she passed away, thus I have the opportunity to take her position, right?

But unfortunately, I don't want things this way."

LinSize answered with a blackened face: "Why did you need to mention her? I've already said, that event is already passed. Right now it's your decision, and has nothing to do with her."

Gu Hongjian said: "Then let me ask you-- if she didn't die, and she wanted to marry you, then what should happen? The position of empress, who do you want to give it to?"

"....." LinSize was deep in though without answering.

Pondering was always the best, it was always the answer that wouldn't lie.

Gu Hongjian smiled before continuing: "Haven't I said it? You don't need to feel guilt towards me.

This is also my decision...... Maybe I won't win against her this entire lifetime, I also don't want to compete with her over anything. Only you, you need to see yourself clearly. Right now, if you bring