Chapter 10:In the torrential rain, someone held up a rainbow for you.

Following the Winter Solstice of Wànshùn Year 30, after Teacher Meng came, Lin Si Ze no longer went to his princely education lessons. He didn't even need to consult with anyone for no one cared about where he went.

As a result, the dealings between him and the other princes steeply declined in number. He rarely left Bai Fu Palace, and the others were too lazy to run to Bai Fu Palace to pick fights with him. They considered that with his cold, dismal, miserable appearance coupled with only the little palace maid serving him, there would inevitably be a day where he would freeze to death if he had not starved to death by then.

Although Gu Hong Jian did not dare to mention that year's Winter Solstice, she had opted to very tactfully ask Lin Si Ze about how his relationships with the rest of his brothers were.

Lin Si Ze tightly summarized the situation. "Not so good."

Obviously, it's not good... Gu Hong Jian thought to herself.

Gu Hong Jian echoed Lin Si Ze's words when he had asked her if she hated her parents five years ago and asked him, "Do you hate them?"

"They're unworthy of my hate," Lin Si Ze replied.

Gu Hong Jian understood.

He hated them.

In the past five years, even ignoring the fact that the other princes didn't bother seeking out Li Si Ze, the rest of the servants neglected Bai Fu Palace on a daily basis, making it easy to discern Lin Si Ze's position in the palace.

Gu Hong Jian, who had the honor to eat with her master, basically didn't get to eat meat all year, a fact that soon became a problem.

There was a time when the food Gu Hong Jian brought back mysteriously had a thick slab of meat. Lin Se Ze had eaten bitterness when trying to snatch meat from Gu Hong Jian before, so he did not contend for it this time. Gu Hong Jian was very conscientious this time and said, "You eat first. You eat first."

Lin Si Ze was extremely confused and asked, "Why is there meat today?"

Gu Hong Jian irrelevantly answered, "My martial arts are indeed at a high level..."

Lin Si Ze was at a loss.

Gu Hong Jian admitted to her sneakiness. "It just so happened that the third prince's men were also collecting food. I simply took advantage of one of the servant girl's inattentiveness and switched a dish. Eiheihei~ flawless!"

Lin Si Ze: "..."

Gu Hong Jian continued, "Too awesome! I've decided; from now on, I will do this every day. And once my technique improves, I'll switch two dishes! But we need to alternate who I switch the dishes with, otherwise they will definitely discover something is amiss... After all, we're being given leftovers of cold soup, something which the others are definitely not used to eating."

"In the future..." Lin Si Ze murmured, "I will definitely let you eat lavish meals for the rest of your life."

Gu Hong Jian exclaimed, "That's what I was thinking too! Okay, but first, let's eat."

She placed some meat into Lin Si Ze's bowl before beginning to wolf down her own portion. Lin Si Ze stared at Gu Hong Jian's uncouth appearance for a moment, the look in his eyes deepening. He did not say a word, however, and ate his meal silently.

Although Lin Si Ze always promised without restraint to give Gu Hong Jian a better life, that was in the future, and the future was, when all was said and done, very distant. The two of them ultimately didn't know what would happen.

Back then, however, Gu Hong Jian and Lin Si Ze had shared the same thoughts and had believed in each other and themselves. They had also believed that as long as they were together, there was endless hope.