Chapter 4

Emily and I got split up after lunch. She was going to art while i had gym. I showed Emily to the art room and then quickly ran to gym so I wasn't late for class. When I got to gym I realized I forgot my gym clothes so I asked my teacher if I could go to the bathroom and instead of going to the bathroom I ran to my locker, grabbed my gym bag with my clothes in it and ran back to the gym.

"You took quite long Missy" Mrs. Disco raised her eyebrows.

"Sorry woman problems" I replied running to my locker to get changed.

When gym was over I tried texting Emily to see what class she had next but she didn't answer so I just went to my next class, which was cooking class. Cooking class was my favorite because we got to cook food and eat it and I love to eat. While I was in cooking class my teacher told us there was a new student coming tomorrow and his name is Harry. All the girls freaked out because a new guy was coming, besides me. All I could think of was great another guy to make fun of me.

Mrs. Miller told the class to calm down and she said we should all be nice to him tomorrow and make him feel welcomed. We all nodded and began making chocolate chip cookies. When I went to take the cookies out of the oven I burnt my finger and had to end up going to the nurse to get ice. The nurse said it wasn't a severe burn and I should ice it tonight and it should be better by tomorrow. When I went back up to class everyone in my group ate all the cookies and said they left a crumb for me.

"Of course," I mumbled to myself.

I was pretty sure Emily and I had science together, but when I got there she wasn't there. My teacher wanted us to find a partner, but since I had no friends I had to work alone. Basically what happens everyday.

It was finally the end of the day and I tried texting Emily again to see if she wanted to walk home together, but there was still no answer from her. I had to remind myself that she's not gonna be with me 24/7 but when she was with me she actually made me feel like I had a reason to be alive and a reason to be happy and live my life.

I decided to take the long way home and I put my head phones on and started listening demi lavato because she was my inspiration. When I got home my mom asked me all about school and what happened to my finger and usually I'd say nothing really and its no big deal, but today was different. I decided to tell her everything from the group of girls in my way to meeting Emily to Emily meeting a guy and me tugging her away to lunch to me forgetting my gym clothes ams burning my finger and having no friends all the way up to coming home and having this conversation. She seemed very happy I actually told her what was happening at school and she was happy that I made a friend and I was nice enough to show her around.

I went up to my room and tried calling Emily to ask her about her last 3 classes but it went right to voicemail all 7 times I called her. I eventually gave up and logged onto twitter. I read Demi's tweets and smiled as she reminded us to stay strong.

"DINNERS DONE!!!!" Liam screamed at me banging on my door.

"Alright! I'll be down there in a minute!" I screamed back.

A minute turned into 10 minutes and when I was going down i could smell potatoes. I love potatoes. I could eat them all day everyday for the rest of my life.

When I sat down I grabbed my plate and plopped a pile of potatoes on. Then I got a chicken patty and squirted some ketchup on it.

"When are you gonna start crying because you have a bad life?" Liam snickered.

"LIAM! YOUR SISTER DOES NOT HAVE A BAD LIFE AND SHES NOT GONNA START CRYING OKAY? NOW FINISH UP YOUR DINNER AND THEN GO TO YOUR ROOM!" My mother yelled.

"Then how come she says it everyday? She cries at dinner all the time you know its gonna happen."

"ENOUGH LIAM! I DONT WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER WORD OUT OF YOUR MOUTH."

I looked down at my food and felt like I was going to cry. Not because I felt like I have a terrible life or I have no friends, but because that's how my little brother saw me. He thinks I'm just a sad person who just cries and screams and wishes I have a better life. He doesn't understand what its like to be a teenager and stressing out over school because all he does in school is count his ABCs and color. I could feel tears starting to form in my eye but I wouldn't let it slide down my cheek. I had to be strong. I took a couple deep breathes and finished my dinner.

When I finished my dinner I got an ice pack and iced my finger for 20 minutes while watching one of my favorite shows, falling skies. After the show was over I did my homework, took a shower, brushed my hair and teeth and went to bed listening to Warrior by demi.