Chapter 2:The difference between heaven and earth was just like that.

Start from the beginning

  Gu Hong Jian was just about to recall it, but she suddenly returned to her senses only to find herself already within Zi Yun Palace. Lin Si Ze and He Fang Ning sat very close, the latter having put on thicker clothing. But, He Fang Ning still seemed very cold. Whether intentionally or not, she leaned into Lin Si Ze who didn't take note of it and merely stared straight ahead as if he was lost in thought.

  Lin Si Ze could unexpectedly become lost in thought...

  This was also truly strange.

  When he and Gu Hong Jian were together, Lin Si Ze would only glare at her with those infuriating eyes, as if he wanted to kill her at any time. There wasn't a moment of peace or relaxation. When he was together with He Fang Ning, however, he could actually appear to be very relaxed and happy, as if he was incredibly comfortable, and becoming lost in thought...

  He Fang Ning was also a bit surprised. She tried to gently pull Lin Si Ze's sleeve and whispered, "Your majesty?"

  Lin Si Ze withdrew his gaze, looked at her, and said, "Huh?"

  He Fang Ning replied, "Your majesty...you seem distracted. Is something on your mind?"

  Lin Si Ze paused before shaking his head. "It's nothing. I'm just a bit tired."

  He Fang Ning somewhat shyly lowered her head, her lips curving up into a smile. She said, "Then, your majesty, how about a break..."

  Lin Si Ze nodded. "En."

  Gu Hong Jian was getting a bit hysterical——she wouldn't have to stay here and watch Lin Si Ze fondle He Fang Ning, would she?!

  Knowing was one thing, but seeing it with her own eyes was a completely different matter.

  She could only hope that Lin Si Ze would remember to lay down the bed sheets...

  Unexpectedly, however, Lin Si Ze stood up and said, "Then I'll go back to the Palace.Níng Fēi2, your body is unwell. Go rest properly."

  He Fang Ning's complexion turned dark. She said, "Your majesty? Chén qiè—chén qiè'sbody, there is nothing wrong with it..."

  "You appear to have caught a cold. Weren't you coughing a little? I'll have the imperial physician come take a look at you in a bit."

  Lin Si Ze didn't say anymore and immediately left, leaving only the dumbfounded He Fang Ning sitting on the chair alone. After quite a while, she thought of escorting Lin Si Ze back, only to be cast away by Lin Si Ze who was worried about her health.

  When Gu Hong Jian saw He Fang Ning's practically twisted face, she almost laughed out loud.

She could be considered to be thoroughly schooled in what it meant to drop a boulder on one's foot...

  That's what you get for acting so pitiful!

  Gu Hong Jian was in a good mood as she followed closely behind Lin Si Ze. The connection pulled her out of Zi Yun Palace. Jian Hai Fu inquired, "Your majesty, do you wish to return to Zhang Qian Palace?"

  Lin Si Ze contemplated for a moment before saying, "No...go to Zhao Hong Palace."

  Gu Hong Jian froze instantly, blank.

  Zhao Hong Palace?

  Wasn't that her imperial palace residence?

  Although...she had only lived there for a short period of 2-3 years.