Chapter 1: First encounter

Previously titled 'Love's Eternal Flame'

*WARNING! This story can contain some minor scenes of violence and contains profanity!**

Chapter 1: First encounter

I strolled down the crowded corridors of loud and obnoxious teenagers, who were all too engrossed in their convocations to even bat an eyelash in my direction. I was a simple nerd to them, but I prefer the term Good Girl, it fits my style better.

The worst thing that is recorded in my school history is a few days where I have been off ill. Other than that I have a perfect record and I never had a single detention or a mark bellow a B.

I might be incredibly shy in front of intimidating people or crowds, but that didn't mean that I wasn't hot headed nor sometimes in desperate need of a mouth flitter, to match with my anger problems.

I had a lot of friends and a few best friends from my little motley crew. There is Riley West a total jock and big headed as hell, but my childhood best friend. Then there is Ethan Jones, he is as gay as they come but he is always there when I need him. He is also hyper, loud, over dramatic and not afraid to tell anyone what he thinks. Lastly there is Kenzi Clark, she is the funniest and craziest girl I know and is a total emo.

Most people know me because of my sister Mayce, and then there are the popular people, who hate me because I'm a Good Girl, but only tolerate me because of my boyfriend Caden Smith. I agree to get along with those people when I secretly despise them, so our feelings are mutual.

I made my way through the abandoned school, like I have countless other times to go meet my boyfriend now that school has finished and practice is over. I still find it completely outrageous at the fact that Caden Smith, one of the popular boys and someone from the football team will want to go out with me.

We only got introduced by my little sister Mayce, although she isn't that little only a few years younger than me. She is one of the most popular girls in school and a lot of guys just come up to me and then ask for her phone number, I mean it's crazy how many guy fancy her.

I wasn't complaining, thanks to Mayce I'm dating Caden. I adore him and had a major crush on him for a year now and I was gobsmacked when he asked me out. We have been dating for at least four weeks now and we have gotten pretty close to 'doing the deed' a few times, before I stopped him. So things were getting serious to me.

I had looked through the changing rooms where Caden was now meant to be meeting me. But he wasn't there, thinking that he could be waiting in the car park. I quickly changed my route and stepped outside, only to freeze in my tracks when there was a loud gruff moan to my right.

I gulped and turned my head slowly to see Caden pinning a girl to the wall and sucking on her neck, while she had her legs wrapped around his waist, moaning loudly.

Unshed tears stung my eyes and my bottom lip began to wobble as the need to sob, got overpowering. A muffled sob escaped my lips, which was clearly loud enough to catch the girl's attention as she gasped at the sight of Caden's girlfriend, witnessing them making out.

Caden looked at her with a what-the-hell look, before following the direction of her gaze and laying his brown eyes on me. He looked both shocked and annoyed, probably because he got caught.

"Ashley, I can err ... I can explain" he reasoned, putting the girl who I recognised from the netball team, which in our school is like cheerleading, on her feet.

I scoffed and wiped the single traitorous tear from my cheek "I can lie to myself and convince myself that there's an excuse for what you did. But that doesn't change the truth Caden!" I spat venomously.