28: The Invitation

Start from the beginning

"Tteokbokki, I had a feeling Hajoon would want some," he said and Hajoon hurriedly got off my lap and said, "APPA!"

He ran to Eunwoo and hugged his knees and said, "Appa! I missed you."

"I missed you too Hajoon-ah," he lovingly said as he handed me the take out and picked up our son to cradle him in his arms.

Hajoon though wanted something different and instead wrapped his arms around his father's neck and said, "Appa......Eomma got an invitation and it's from some Jungkook guy and it made Eomma sad."

Eunwoo fixed me a worried stare as he put Hajoon down and I knew what he meant by that stare. I handed the bag of tteokbokki to Hajoon then said, "Go hang out with Auntie Jennie first, Appa and Eomma will just have some adult talk, and you find that boring don't you?"

"Yeah, adult stuff is boring Eomma, bye bye!," he said as he rushed out of my office to join Jennie at her desk. Eunwoo the closed the door gently and locked it. He sat on the free chair in front of my desk then asked, "An invitation?"

I handed him the wedding invitation and he looked over it with a frown. He sighed then said, "Let me guess, Lisa sent this."

"She handed it to my secretary personally, the nerve of that woman, I haven't bothered with the two of them since we got married," I said as I placed my face in my hands in frustration.

"Well, she did send you those threatening messages before every time Jungkook and her fought," he said as if he can remember exactly how it happened, "We were peacefully having a family movie night and she flooded your phone with those texts."

"I can't believe she'd blame me......you and I both know that I told Jungkook that things ended with him when you and I got married," I said, "I just want to be able to live in peace alright.....I want to be away from whatever vortex of drama this is and I definitely don't want our son getting mixed into this."

Eunwoo's brows furrowed in thought as he tried to see what was the best plan of action.

Eventually he held both of my hands and said, "The three of us have to go to the wedding."

"What?! No! We're going to be the brunt of Lisa's unbridled hate," I reasoned, "And I swear if she tries anything I might not be able to hold back."

He chuckled then said, "Would you really be my Haewon if you didn't slap a b*tch when you see one."

I threw my head back in laughter then said, "Well, a waitress did flirt with you really hard one time and I was not having it, I like to stake my claim, show people what's mine and whatnot."

"But seriously, we have to go, that way we can really shut her up and show her that we're happy on our own and nothing she can say will take away any of our happiness," he pointed out and I nodded taking in his words.

I smiled then said, "Alright, let's go, but we're dressing to the nines."

He smiled back then said, "I wouldn't have it in any other way."

Then as I looked into his eyes, they looked tired, and I realized how his skin has been increasingly pale for the past few weeks.

I frowned then said, "Eunwoo, hey, you look really tired, what's wrong?"

He waved his hand dismissively then said, "I'm fine, just had a lot of work to do, you know the drill, we're both CEOs after all."

"But Eunwoo, it seems like it's just more than work, maybe we should go see a doctor-," I said but he interrupted and said, "It's fine really, I feel fine, you trust me when I say that right?"

I nodded then said, "I trust you but take care of yourself okay?"

He nodded then he asked, "Off to other topics, when is this wedding happening anyways."

"Based on the date that it says on the invitation, it's exactly next week from today, so we might have to get our attire as soon as possible," I mentioned and he nodded then said, "But that's for later, for now let's join Hajoon before he finished the tteokbokki all by himself and gets another stomach ache."

I laughed then said, "Agreed."