Chapter one:

On the 1st of October 1989 43 children were born. Now these children weren't born normally, no. There mothers weren't pregnant before their day began. Now seven of them were adopted as you all now know. They were adopted by a sir Reginald Hargreeves.
These seven children had abilities, abilities unimaginable. But the real question is what happened to the 36 other children?
———————————————————————
~September 31st 1995~
Water flowed down the window in a constant stream, rapidly charging towards the ground.
The floor boards creaked in the silent, gentle night. Light piercing through the sleeping night. Nothing moved except a shadowy figure making its way towards a blue room.
The bleak outline of a character walked into the room. Light broke the indestructible darkness which was brooding inside the room.
A young girl walked into the room wearing light pink Pajamas. She rubbed her rusty tired eyes and said in a shaky voice 'I'm scared'.
Her head briefly went over her shoulder and came back. Her fingers tightened across her red necklace, not letting go.
The little boy's eyes slowly fluttered open, and he sat up. "Wha—-what's wrong" he spoke with one quiet croak. The girls face looked behind her again. This time she leaned backwards and stared into the corridor before facing forward again.
"I saw it again" she whispered as quiet as she could, looking round her as she did.
He got up out of bed and walked over to her to give her a hug.
"It's okay sis, you'll be fine, it was just a dream"
He said with a light pat on the back.
He waited awhile and then walked back to his cabinet and handed her a comic.
"I think you might need this more than me" he said with a light chuckle.
She briefly looked at it and a smile parted her lips.
"Thank you, you always know how to make me feel better" she said slowly walking away.
————————————————————————
~later that night~
She laid in her bed, a smile planted on her face and she flipped the pages of a comic.
Her mind got caught in the illustrations of the comic that she didn't notice a little present being slipped under her bed. It was a medium sized present with a red bow and a name tag.
Her face was still glued to the comic book.
Smash! The sound of glass being shattered echoed inside the room. Her face sprang up and she finally put the comic down.
Cold, frosty feat touched the wooden floor.
The wardrobe door opened and she took her dusty old baseball bat.
She shuffled across the floor, across the room and into her mothers study. She swung the door open and saw her grandmas shattered vase. Shattered into a million pieces, spread all across the floor. Scattered into all corners of the room, her heart stopped.
As the realisation hit her.
It was her mothers favourite vase, intact it was her grandmas vase. Her parents were going to kill her if they found out. Her eyes widened and
tears rolled down her cheeks. She wished that it'd all go away. She fell to the floor, sitting on her feet, her head was in her lap. Her hands covered her eyes and she thought back to simpler times. A perfect vase was pictured in her mind, the first time she ever saw that vase.
The bright flowers and the people on it. A crystal clear picture of it shining in the sunlight as well as another, easier time when it was snowing. The pale white snow lightly faking on top of it. Yes, she likes that image more than the other. The frost surrounding the crystal vase, making it seem beautiful like a snow globe. The globe represented winter and summer, her favourite two seasons.
The picture stayed clear in her head, until she heard the grandfather clock in the hall strick midnight. She jumped her eyes burst open, she bolted up right. Her eyes grew wider and wider with amazement and she saw the vase. The vase was miraculously back in one piece, sitting on the floor. The tears stopped running down her cheeks and her face looked pleased.
She stood tall, and grabbed the vase and placed it back on her mothers desk.
She rapidly walked back to her room and stopped dead in her tracks as she saw the present laying under her bed.
"What's this?" She muttered under her breath.
It's a bit early for a birthday present, she thought. She picked it up and looked at the the label,
'To Lai,
This is for you, a range of complex questions are probably racing through your head right now, but all you need to now is that I care about you very much and we are very close, well we will be.
Happy 6th Birthday
Have a lovely day
Lots of love'
There was no name there but there was a very confusing message that confused the girl very much, the girl being Lai Mirai Debyanne.
————————————————————————
~July 14th 1999....~
The windows gleamed in the bright happy sunshine. The cake shop seemed really quiet except for around 5 costumers.
One of which was a young boy in a peculiar suit and tie. Coffee streamed out of the kettle and into a mug. The young man handed him the coffee "here you go" he said with a polite smile on his face.
The little boy nursed the cup for awhile and then finally raised it to his lips. He took a couple of sips.
"I've been waiting for this for awhile" he said as if it had been awhile since he drank coffee.
The man looked at him weirdly, in all his life he'd never seen a young child drink coffee.
They always wanted milkshakes and coke but no, never coffee.
He went back to check on the cakes which were baking in the oven and when he came back he saw a really strange sight.