PART 6.

SAM POV:
By the moves they are both doing I can see they're both skilled ballerinas. As soon Steve says one is Natasha, it makes total sense, and I know that this other woman is our soulmate.

But baby now.
Take me into your loving arms.
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars.
Place your head on my beating heart.
I'm thinking out loud.
That maybe we found love right where we are.

I steal a glance at Tony, to see he looks like he's in some sort of trance. But I can't tell if he's figured out it's her, or if he's just captivated by their dancing. I look back to them dancing.

So baby now.
Take me into your loving arms.
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars.
Or darling, place your head on my beating heart.
I'm thinking out loud.
That maybe we found love right where we are.

Oh maybe we found love right where we are.
And we found love right where we are.

Everyone claps and the next song comes on, but a little quieter and a song I was expecting, unlike this one. The two women smile at each other. Natasha grabs her wrist and walks her over to us, as other people step onto the dancefloor.

Here goes. Man up, Sam, she's your soulmate for Christ sake.

They stop in front of our group and Natasha speaks “These are the Avengers, everyone this is my friend, Felicity.” I pull my hand from Tony's grasp and hold it out to the woman “I'm Sam, nice to meet you, darling.” She chuckles a little and grabs my hand. A warm feeling rushes from her hand and up my arm, all the way to my heart. We both smile brightly at each other. I let go of her hand and elbow Tony, who's staring at her like she's an angel “Ow!” I nod to her and he holds out his hand, she takes it and his eyes widen “YES!” He looks to me with a huge grin. Everyone nearby looks at him, some in shock and others in happiness. Tony puts on a serious face, trying to make up for his outburst, he looks back to Felicity “Tony Stark, sure you already know who I am.” She laughs and it's music to my ears “Nice recovery.”

This is going to work out just fine, I can already tell.

“You are…” Still holding her hand, he looks her up and down “...absolutely gorgeous.” “Thank you.” “I'm sure your beauty extends to your face.” He lets go of her hand and reaches up to remove her mask, but she grabs his hands and smiles innocently “Uh uh uh, this is a masquerade ball. You don't get to see my face.” He groans and I laugh, she sends me a wink. Tony crosses his arms over his chest “You're gonna be a little tease, aren't you?” “What can I say, you get what you deserve. Now, how about one of you fine gentleman dance with me?” While Tony is still in shock, I bow and offer her a hand, she places hers on top. I straighten up and lead her back to the dancefloor. I place my hands on her waist and she puts her hands on my shoulders. I speak first “He can be a bit of a handful, but you'll get used to it.” “I raised my younger sisters, I think I can handle Tony Stark.” “Natasha didn't tell us anything about you, mind if I ask some questions?” “Go for it.” I look into her eyes.

Oh wow, they're different colours, that's amazing…

“Where are you and your family from?” “I was born in Ukraine, like my mother. Dad was born in Tennessee US. When I was 7 we moved here, to New York, where my sisters were born that same year.” “What do you do for work? Professional ballerina, perhaps?” She smiles sadly “No. I own a dance studio, where I teach people ballet.” I can feel something's wrong “What's wrong? Do you want to talk about it?” She looks down and speaks quieter “It's just… I wanted to be a professional ballerina, travelling, performing. But I couldn't, I had something holding me back… A ballerina has to be perfect.” “You are perfect.” He head shoots up, her eyes meeting mine once again “Thank you, but not in the eyes of Doctors.”

Is she ill? Please tell me she isn't dying, we only just met her.

She must've notice my worried expression “Hey, it's nothing life threatening. It doesn't even affect my life, just being a ballerina.” “I just don't want to lose you, I only just found you.” “You won't lose me over this. You see my eyes, they're different.” I nod “Well, I'm blind in my right eye, the brown one. I can't spin too much, I can't see anything on that side of me, I get dizzy and it effects my special awareness.” “We're here for you.” She smiles up at me.