Punchline: OMg!

Haha, that was a bad as my hair this morning. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!
-[]-

Lucy, finding herself still staring at where the two squabbling mages once stood., quickly shakes her head.Quickly her way towards the bar planning on ordering her popular (yet predictable) choice of a 'Strawberry Milkshake' before noticing Laxus and Freed both stood in a secretive manner yet aggressive manner beside the end of the bar. Lucy stared, a serious expression molded upon her features before her eyes narrowed and sat -very cunningly night she add- beside the seemingly arguing couple.

'Well...I'm detecting a pattern here.'

"Laxus you need to take things more seriously!"

"Why are you telling me that? If Natsu wants to be a moron let him! And if these stupid shadows feel the need to cause us any trouble send them one way and they wont survive much longer."

"Laxus that's not the point-"

"-Then what is the point exactly Freed?!?"

"I don't know your situation-" Lucy begins alerting the two mages of her presence. The two quickly turn around. Laxus gaze progressing into a surprisingly aggressive glare.

"-but having a go at each other is not the solution."

"Lucy I don't know if you fully understand" Freed sighs.

"Then let me. Something is going on with Natsu and Gray and I'm desperate to help them. Please?"

"...Alright. Where to begin" Freed sighs. Laxus gaze softens meeting Freed's deflated gaze before muttering a string of curses.

"Look Freed I'm sorry-"

"Let's do this later."

"Alright" Laxus sighs before taking a sip from the glass in front of him.

'...Maybe the charms couldn't be such a bad idea if we could destroy these shadows once and for all...Anything if it helps Freed.'

And help Freed he shall.

-

"So, just to put this into perspective there seems to be issues regarding some sort of shadow- And Natsu believes the charms are the solution?" Lucy questions in (now also ironically) an hushed tone.

"Yes, ever since he laid eyes on those charms it's as if  he's become obsessed of the idea of having more power; and he's beginning to ignore Gray" Freed sighs.

"And a Dragon never ignores his mate completely. And there's rumours surrounding the charms are linked to Gray's father or worse...Zeref."

"But wouldn't the main thing be finding the core of these shadows?" Lucy thinks out loud.

"I suppose you're right, but things become complicated due to-"

"-Rogue?" Lucy cuts of, a worried expression laced within her features. Laxus grumbles a combination of incoherent slurs before slamming his glass onto the bar.

"Look, you don't even need to get involved" Laxus comments, before taking Freed's hand.

"Come on, we've told her enough already."

Typically, Freed would be burning with excitement at the simple gesture. A small glint igniting within his eyes whereas Laxus would begin to grow nervous of the 'incoming storm.'

However, when finding no considerably over-the-top response he found himself disappointed (much to Laxus's displeasure).

"Laxus, calm down" Freed attempts to soothe yet Laxus senses a sharp edge within his tone. Slowly releasing his hand from Laxus's strong grip before placing it carefully upon Laxus's shoulder.

"I don't know what's going on, but you've crossed the line."

"Freed it's okay-"

"-No it's not. I used to look up to you. You used to be my hero. And now all I see? An empty shell of what you used to be. And this isn't about how you just treated Lucy...It's about how you treat me" Freed stares assertively. His gaze sharp, calculating and awaiting from response. Laxus stares at him before his face moulds one into anger, storming out of the guild hall; watchful eyes soon following after him.

Freed sighed, burying his face into his hands exhausted -both mentally and physically- before releasing an heavy sigh.

Lucy stares apologetically before determination laces upon her features.

'I have to make this right; and I know just the person to help me-

Erza.'

-[]-

"Gray get right back here!" Natsu yells, following Gray out of the guild hall. Yet, much to Natsu's displeasure, Gray only began running faster than his previous pace.

"Gray!"

"You don't fully understand what these charms can do Natsu" Gray shakes his head dismissively, a scowl dancing upon his lips before he comes to an abrupt stop near a dark alley. His gaze hardening.

Natsu stares at him questioningly, before also coming a stop. Staring at the charms within Gray's hand.

Gray's eyes widen, panic moulding into his usually stoic features.

"Natsu! Get out of the way!"

Natsu sent him a confused look, before spotting a seemingly black figure running towards them. Gray grumbles before tackling him to the ground. Hence forcing them both to both dodge the figure's considerably strong attack. Recognition immediately begins to flash across Natsu typically child-like features.

"That's what's been attacking the rest of the dragon slayers!"

Gray and Natsu quickly scramble to their feet, finding refuge behind a well just before the entrance of the alley. Yet Gray couldn't help but smile at the sight of Natsu's extremely tousled hair, before the same scowl finds itself embedded within his features once more.

"Oh great, what did you group of morons do now? And I'm addressing you, Gajeel and Sting by the way" Gray comments, his breath heavy after the quick startle he just experienced.

Natsu pouts, before his face lights up quickly grabbing the charms out of Gray's grasp.

"Hey what are you doing!?!"

"I wanna check something out! Do you trust me?" Natsu questions, his voice uncharacteristically serious,the vibrations of the walk quickly following due to the sheer force of the attack thrown at them.

"Even if you're an absolute moron, a part of me always has complete trust in you" Gray grumbles. Natsu grins sliding the charm bracelet onto his wrist before handing the second one over to Gray.

"If my theory is right...This should destroy the shadow things...Shadow men? Shadow-"

But Natsu was soon interrupted as the wall began to shatter. Ferociously spitting bricks as the shadow figure emerges from the now broken wall.

"Fine, just this once Natsu" Gray grumbles slipping the bracelet on. A bright light soon emerges from the duos charms. The figure releasing an ear-piercing shriek before slowly crumbling to the floor. Gray and Natsu quickly step back, Gray with a shocked expression upon his features whereas Natsu was consumed by a triumphant smirk.

"See I was right!"

"We've got to warn Master, and quickly" Gray mumbles, before taking off the charm and quickly making his way back towards the guild. Natsu pouts childishly before quickly running after Gray.

"Hey! I at least deserve a 'well done' you pervy popsicle!" Natsu yells, the sound of his tone echoing around the empty street.

-

"Natsu Dragneel And Gray Fullbuster the first ones huh?" A dark voice echoes around the dark alley.

"Well it seems I'll have to wait to see who follows."

A sinister smile finds itself shining despite the dark surroundings, before he quickly vanishes leaving no trace behind.