Chapter 3 - fooling myself

Start from the beginning

It was a weekend and I finish making breakfast. Jared left early to pick up his mother I put on my best clothes I had. I was nervous and excited to meet her. A hour later they come home and walk in she smiled bright and hug me tight

“Hello dear, my name is Avalon Daniels and it’s great to finally meet the girl who catcher my son heart” Avalon said proud

“Hey nice meet you too. My name is Camille Hayes … But you could call me Diamond if you want” I smiled and Jared come over to me and hug me 

“Is she great ma… she sweet and devote to only me” Jared kiss my head

“Yes she is… Why Diamond honey?” she asked with a curiosity

“That is my middle name Mrs. Daniels” I pull out a seat and wave her come take a seat “welcome to our home and happy to have you here… are you hungry I made breakfast”

She nod and take a seat and she started to ask me personal Question that I tried to answered honestly. Even about my parents who die and leaving me on my own. I took care of myself all my life; I started working when I was 15. I told her everything that I could without breaking down. When it was done she actually seems to approve my life style and how I held myself up even though I had a hardship in the past. Later that night me and Jared talked and he was happy. His mother approves us and ready to start planning out wedding date and other things to. I think she was more excited than me. I still had a secret I didn’t tell them. Jared and I made love that night and talked more.

“Camille! I think- we should have at less two or three kids” he watch me with love

I nodded and smile “Sure that would be great” I had a question to ask “How Much do you love me Jared?”

“You know that I would give up the world and my career for you without hesitation” He said it with emotion and pride. I knew he was serious and I smiled kissing him “What about you, how much do you love me?”

I think for a minute and smiled “I would following you to our end of days and give my life for you to live and give you a gift that no man or woman can take from you” I said looking him in the eyes. He smiled and kissed me

“What is that gift you giving me” he touch my face kissing my cheeks and chin nibbling it.

“A life for a life, a unbreakable love bond” we stayed watch it other and Jared look touch by my answer

“I love you Camille Diamond Hayes… more than life itself- remember that no matter what I will always love you. That no one can compare to me. We were meant to be as one and always. (Took out a pin for his night stand and stick himself and me on our thumbs. He look me dead serious “this is a blood oath between to lovers and friends from childhood to parenthood someday”

I nod and we put our thumbs together and say our pledge we made when we was seven. After we lick each other thumb and fall sleep. I never told Jared that night we made love. I prolong the confession and I felt bad. Months has passed and I notices my baby bump is showing. I knew I couldn’t hide it for long. Even Jackie told me to tell him a hundred time but I keep telling her I’m scared or I’m not ready which is true. Now here I am coming to see Jared at work and nerves as hell. Thinking would he accept it or would he reject it. The lady by the desk told me to go in and I walk in seeing Jared working on his computer typing fast.

“hey baby! What’s up?” Jared said without taking his eyes off the computer.

I was thinking how the hell I’m I going to tell him. I went to the doctor months ago and he confirm I was actually pregnant. I try gaining courage by looking out the window and convincing myself to tell him already. When I heard him stop typing I looked at him and with hopeful eyes. “Baby… I went to the doctor the other day… he told me some crazy news.” I laugh nervously “I’m not sure if I should be happy or afraid”

Jared give me a concern look and nods “what did he say?”

“I-I’m pregnant” I said with a serious face

Jared blink and clear his throat “you’re what! Come again?”

“I’m pregnant” I stared at him with fear “we don’t have to keep it”

Jared get up and shakes his head “ how’s that possible if I used a condom on you that Tuesday night” he glance at me “ are you cheating on me?”

“What?” I was shock at his question “No, I wouldn’t dare”

Jared laughs “well it sure can’t be mines” he runs his left hand in his hair “it’s been months sent we last had sex”

I get offend “of course it yours and only” I plead with him to understand “trust me”

Jared glared at me “It’s not mine end of story… we will finish this conversation when I get home tonight

I was so angry at his words “FUCK YOU JARED… I HOPE YOU HAPPY WITH YOUR DECISION” I walk out of that office and out his life never to see him again.

Flash back over

I shook my head at the memory and find myself crying. I knew I can’t keep lying to myself. The more I do reality hits me twice as hard. That I’m still not over Jared Daniels and no matter how much I love Douglas. My love for Jared it undefiled and its gets harder over time. I drink some more and washing up myself and after get out and dress myself call Douglas over. I just finish washing clothes and cooking some food. Diamond still hasn’t get up yet and I had an hour to myself. When Douglas arrive that when diamond makes herself be notice and here I am at the table with them eating dinner and Diamond talking us to death.