Chapter 15: Date Night Or Maybe Not?

Camille

Work was a drag but I was happy that I had something to do to take my mind of someone who is constantly on my mind and wake. Jared called earlier telling me we need to talk about Douglas. I wasn't sure what it was all about but I'm hoping it has nothing to do with me deciding who I want to be with right now. Two hours has pasted and most of my work is done and I was happy. I started to finish up my work when my desk phone was page.

"Yes Chantel" I answer

"You have a call on line three by Mr. Henson he said it urgent!"

I had to frown my brows out of curiosity about who the hell would call me on urgent calls on my job phone. Normally they would call my cell phone and I hurry to answer the call.

"This is Ms. Hayes, how can I help you" I asked

" Hey, Camille. It's me Douglas"

I sigh " Hey, don't do that urgent call stuff got me worried"

"sorry babe, I needed to tell you before later. I will be late to pick you up tonight but I will be there. My boss have this meeting and it going to be four hours long. And I didn't want you to think I stood you up when that wasn't the case"

I smiled " Awe... bae. Thanks I appreciate the heads up and I will see you later" there was a silences then I heard him say.

" I Love you Camille" Douglas said

" I love you too Douglas" I reply

I got off the work and ahead home to prepare dinner and have Diamonds snack out and ready for her. Jared supposed to be here soon but to my surprise he was already here at my front door with a three bags in his hand with this nasty look on his face.

"Hey, what's wrong with you?" I asked glancing at the time to see it twelve forty-five in the afternoon.

He shakes his head and look back at the driveway than at me "Nothing just lose in thought"

I pass by him unlocking my house door letting him in as he goes into my kitchen and I head upstairs to change clothes. Coming downstairs feeling relax and have my hair down walking towards the entrance of the kitchen I see Jared putting way items as my eyes wonder around my kitchen. I walk in the clearance so my present be known in the area. He glances over to me and back to the bags on the counter pulling stuff out of them. I head to the sink wash my hands as I pull out my food I was going to cook.

"So, I saw Douglas at the store earlier" Jared said

I turn my head towards him and smile "Oh, you did?" and put my attention back at my food.

"I don't know how to tell you this but your boy is on some shit and I don't like" anger was behind every word Jared said

I pause from my work and look at him and his stance was intimidating I could feel his fury was hanging by a thread. I watch as he walks over to me slowly until our chest was almost touching each other. He looked down at me with his tall frame and my tiny one against his. He glares with a smirk upon his lips.

"what are you talking about?" I asked moving back a little a much of the counter let me.

He blinks and looks way and back at me . "his up to something. You can't tell me his not a mystery that waiting to be find"

I turn away and continue with the food. "yes, sometimes it's like that"

"be careful around him. I'm not sure his can be trusted" walks way

"he is a great guy Jared. Give him a break" I defend

"I'll stop when he is six feet under" he said throw his teeth