Chapter 10: "Acquaintance"

When I woke up, the TV was on. I looked at the clock and it was 3:57! I slept for the whole afternoon.. Well, at least it's 1 more day until my parents come back. I'm not excited for them, I'm excited for my brother. I miss his adorable laugh, and his precious face that can manage any frown, into a smile.

I must've fell asleep watching Twilight again. I'd kill to have a relationship like Bella and Edward. My head began to throb so I got up and went to the kitchen.

I open the medicine cabinet to look for Advil, but we were out.

Fuck.

Drug store? Yes.

Money? Yes.

Energetic levels a fat zero.

I guess I can shake it off, and wait till later. To be honest weed would hit the spot right now.

I ran to my room, laid down on my bed and pulled the covers over my head. My phone vibrated on my night stand. I grabbed my phone, it was Daniel!

"Coffee? :)"

I smiled, and quickly replied.

"Sure! What time?"

I waited for him to answer, why was I so excited?

"Soon, like 10 mins?"

"Okay!"

I grabbed my bag off my bed and shoved my phone in my pocket, and ran out the door.

As I was driving over to Starbucks, I remembered something.

I forgot my wallet.

Goddammit, I always let a guy get to me and completely forget what I'm doing. I guess I can just talk to him?

When I got there, he was sitting at one of the tables, with his iPad, he was drawing something.

It looks like a robot, thing.

He looked like he was so into drawing. He seemed relaxed and happy, it's like his feelings were transferring to me. The pain in my head washed away.

I walk over to him and sit down without saying anything, I just watch him draw his little cartoon robot.

He hasn't realized I sat down until he looks up a minutes later.

"Oh! Brittany!" He stands up to give me quick hug, and I hug him back.

"Took you long enough, haha."

"I'm sorry, I got really into drawing. It's just a quick sketch." We both sit down

"It looks cool! What're you calling it." I say smiling at him, his nerdy personality is so adorable.

"His names D-Bot. He's kind of like the stronger, robot version of me. The one who isn't scared, and can protect itself from thugs.."

Oh god... I know what he's refereeing to.. I don't know whether to feel bad or offended that I saved his ass.

"You're strong, Daniel. You just have to learn how to show it. Like, all I had was a taser. I'm not strong, just fearless. And I know you are too."

He looks up from his iPad and smiles at me.

"Thank you so much, Britt. I'm going to go order a coffee, I'll be back." I watch as he walks away, I turn his iPad towards me, and look through all his sketches. He has over 100, and they're actually really good. If someone saw these, he'd probably get a job to design characters. As I get down to the bottom, I see a sketch of someone who looks like me, it is me! A cartoon version of me, it's adorable..

"Ah, I was gonna show you that later." He says walking over to me.

"I love it!" I say clicking on the picture. He leans over my shoulder to look at the picture as well.

"I'm really proud of this picture." He looks at me "I think I did a beautiful job for a beautiful girl." He walks back over to the other side of the table and sits down, I blush a little, so I turn my head towards the window, and the first thing I see, is a tall, dark brown haired, and green eyed guy walk into Starbucks.

Or to make it easier for you,

Bryan.

Did he know I was going to be here? I grab Daniel's iPad and act like I'm scrolling through it, close to my face.

"You must be really into my drawings! Aha!" I hear him laugh out behind the screen.

"Oh yup! Just loving this green and purple robot. And this adorable dolphin." I peek over at Bryan, which was terrible timing because he smiles and walks towards me.

"Oh god..." I whisper and slowly hand Daniel his iPad.

"Who's that?" He whispers to me.

"Just a friend, not even a friend. Kinda." I say smiling at Bryan.

Bryan looks at Daniel and his smile fades.

"Hey Brittany! Mind if I sit?" He says keeping his eyes on me.

"Not at all." He quickly sits down and folds his hands.

"So, are you going to introduce me?" He sounded snotty, and jealous.

"Uh, yeah. Bryan, this is Daniel." Daniel reaches out his hand for a shake but Bryan just stares at it and laughs.

"Yeah, I'm Bryan. I'm her...." He looks at me like he's waiting for me to finish his sentence. I don't really know what we are, we aren't in the friends stage yet, so what should I say?"

"He's my uh.. Acquaintance." Bryan's eyes shoot towards me faster then a spit ball across a classroom. I look at Daniel and he looked sort of scared, our eyes connected and he giggled.

"I'm guessing that you were expecting her to say something else, correct?" Daniel said staring at me then at Bryan.

Bryan's eyes shifted over to Daniel, I finally let out a giggle when he wasn't looking. He's acting SO ridiculous.

"No, I didn't. We both agreed that we are.. Whatever she said."

"Acquaintances?" Daniel says, I can tell he's trying not to laugh. This is the most ridiculous conversation I've ever had, and probably him too.

"I didn't c0me sit down to figure out what we are, I came to figure out what you're doing tonight?" He said turning towards me and glaring at Daniel.

I kind of want to see what he plans on doing, I guess I will. "Oh nothing I guess, what do you have planned?"

"You'll see! I'll pick you up at 7." He says standing up. "See ya, Britt! Oh, and bye Daniel."

"You didn't get anything..." Daniel says.

"I know." Bryan runs out of the shop, and I watch as he jumps in his car and runs off. He must be planning a lot to leave this quickly.

Daniel and I both look at each other, and laugh until we almost fall off our chairs. When I finally gain my breath back, I take a breath out.

"I should probably go home and get ready for whatever this guys planning. Wish me luck, dude." I roll my eyes and stand up.

"Good luck. I'll pray for you." We hug each other and I walk out to my car and drive back to my house. When I get inside I look at the clock.

6:02

He'll be here in 58 minutes! Better get ready.