Chapter 6: The Ride Home

We all loaded into the van. Same seats as before except Bryan and I switched seats.

As soon as we got on the freeway I rolled down my window letting my hair dry while the cool breeze swept across my face. I took pictures of the beautiful sky, and took a group selfie including all of the people in the back.

As I said before.

Perfect day.

I rested my head against the window and let out a sigh. Reagan reached over the front seat and offered us both gum, we both grabbed a piece.

I plug in my music, and all of the oldies come on. I turn on "Drift Away" by Dobie Gray. Surprisingly everyone sings along! I felt like I was drifting, and flying. Not that I was high, but I was relaxed. I felt like all my problems were gone, and I was with the people I loved. I looked behind and everyone was singing along and had an arm around each other, when I looked back ahead. The sky was getting darker, and the lights of a city were beginning to show.

"Let's play a game!" Nichole shouted as it started to get silent in the car.

"Eye spy?" Dylan suggested

"Sure!" Nichole shouted "I spy something orange."

"Is it the car up there?" Reagan said

"Nope!" Nichole said giggling.

"Is it, the sunset?" Kainoa said looking out the window then back at Nichole.

"Yup! Good job!" She threw her arms around him and kissed his cheek. He smiled wide and kissed hers back.

Bryan leaned over to me whispered "I spy something beautiful"

I looked around, then looked at the sky. It was the most beautiful thing to me.

"Is it the sunset?" I said not realizing what he was trying to prove.

He chuckled, and pulled down the mirror in front of my head.. I JUST GOT IT. I shot him the look like I'm blushing but I'm trying not to show it.

** 20 minutes **

Everyone's asleep, except me and Bryan. AGAIN. But I want to be tired. So I yawned and rested my head on the window. I then hear someones phone vibrate. It's Bryan's. He quickly answers it, and puts it on speaker.

"Matt, hey what's up?"

"Dude, you trying to swing by for a few?"

"Ah, I'm driving home right now. Where you at?"

"It's a party at my cousin, Denisa's house! Hella chicks man!"

I don't need to seem him, but I can feel his eyes shift over to me. "I-I can't."

"Bro, look if you got people with you, it's alright, bring them! The more the better! But come soon, we're running out of joints, fast."

Bryan paused. "I'm on my way."

"Great, see you in a few!"

Bryan hangs up the phone. And I pretend like I'm just waking up.

"Who was that?" I said with tired eyes.

"Oh, good morning. Just my friend Matthew. He wants us to come by for a few."

"And do what?"

He was silent for a second.

"Look, you'll just see when we get there."

Wow. He had a lot of sass in his voice, but I guess I'll trust him. I started drift off into another nap.