three

[ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘼𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 ]

[ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲  𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘼𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 ]

▂▂▂▂

JASON SAT IN THE DAY ROOM OF RADLEY. It was 8:01am. He was watching every patient and nurse enter, even though it was very few, wondering who would sit infront of him.

Madison entered the room and plonked down in the armchair directly infront of him. She smiled, "Hi."

Jason stared at her without uttering a word. She examined his expression, pursing her lips, "You look confused."

He cleared his throat, shifting his weight to sit upright, "I expected Mona."

"How come?" She asked.

Jason's eyebrows knitted together and he sat forward, placing his elbows on his knees, "I expected that text to come from her psychotic brain, as some kind of joke, not from you."

"Psychotic brain?" Madison questioned before chuckling to herself, "I'll add that to my resume."

"What do you want, Madison?" He asked, "Why did you send me that text? And how? How would you even know what's been going on?"

"I have visitors." She told him, "And I have answers."

"So you know Ali's remains were taken?" Jason questioned.

"Well, that's what everyone thinks." Madison stated, "Someones remains were stolen, but not Alison's. It's not her body."

He frowned, "You can't keep saying things like that, Madison. I know you're in here to get better, maybe you should focus on yourself more than the outside world."

Madison's mouth fell ajar and she much resembled an upset child, "But it's true."

"No, it isn't." Jason continued to frown at the brunette, "My sister is dead and her remains were dug up and taken. This is you're insanity talking."

Madison inhaled a breath through her nostrils, "You're just as sane as I am."

"Except for the fact you used me to get into my house." Jason frowned again, "I loved you."

"I regret that, okay? And I'm sorry, and I know those seem to just be words to you but I am sorry, whether you want to accept it or not." Madison swallowed the lump rising in her throat, "But you have to listen to me -- "

" -- no. No, this was a mistake." Jason pushed himself up, "I hope you get better, Madison, I really do."

And with that he left. Madison remained on her seat, bewildered. She was certain he'd want to listen to what she had to say about Alison, so why didn't he? Why didn't he believe her?