I chuckled, staring at Hayden with eyebrows raised. I definitely missed him. “You sound like a girl right now, Hayden.”

                “What if I am?” he asked challengingly.

                “Then I would be really scared.” I smiled innocently, pinching his cheeks.

                Hayden gasped, as he pulled back, giving me a look of shame. “Aerial!”

                “You deserved it.” I muttered, giving him an evil smile.

*

                I asked Hayden to drop me off at Alex’s house around nine that night. Hayden wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, but I strictly told him that I was going over to Alex’s house to thank him for yesterday. If it weren’t for him, Daniel could’ve punched me, and possibly broke my face.

                I walked up Alex’s front steps nervously, hands trembling as I clicked the doorbell. It didn’t take long before the door flew open, revealing Alex. He was wearing a black t-shirt that wasn’t too tight, but hugged him close enough so that you could see how thin but built he was and his jeans were dark and worn out.

                He’s eyes widened slightly when he saw that it was me standing on his front steps. His face was a mixture of confusion and surprise.

                “What are you doing here?” he asked with a raspy voice, sounding like he just woke up minutes ago from a nap.

                “I like the warm greeting.” I sarcastically said. “Can I come in?”

                Alex looked hesitant, which made my heart sank a little, but after a while of thinking, he stepped out of the way to let me in.

                I heard Alex close the front door behind me, as I turned around to face him. “I came here to thank you, for putting Daniel in his place. If it weren’t for you, Clarice could’ve gotten a miscarriage.”

                Alex stared at me with a blank face, his blue eyes boring into mine with intensity. “I did it for you.”

                I gulped, feeling my breathing stop. “Right,” I muttered, staring down at the floor, “thanks for that, too.”

                “Is that all?” Alex asked, his voice sounding like he could care less what I had to say to him. It hurt me, but what was I supposed to do?

                “Yeah.” I whispered, giving him a forced smile. “I guess that’s it.”

              Alex shrugged, pointing towards the front door. “Well, I’m going out in a few minutes. You might as well leave now.”

                I mouth parted open, as I stared at Alex with disbelief. So, this was it for us? I felt my heart slowly and painfully start to crack, as I nodded weakly. I bit my lip to stop the tears that were threatening to spill out any second. I glanced at him one last time, before brushing by his shoulder.

                Just as my hand was about to touch the doorknob, I heard Alex call out my name. “Wait, Aerial.” His soft tone took me by surprise, making me turn back around.

                “Yeah?” I spoke, licking my lips nervously.

                Alex bit his lips, before his eyes met mine. I wanted myself so badly to tear my gaze away and to not be sucked into his blazing blue eyes, but I just couldn’t. I was lost inside them.