Chapter 27: A Pilgrimage

Hey everyone! Sorry that it's taken so long to get this out. It's time for some new content by yours truly! So let's get into it! Enjoy ;)

3 Months Ago

Location: Hearthome City, Sinnoh

3rd Person POV:

In the Sinnoh Region, there are many big cities where people and Pokémon live in harmony. One of the these big cities is Hearthome City and it lies close to the middle of the entire region. It also lies close to the Mountain that rests in the center of the region known as Mt. Coronet. It is the tallest mountain in the region and one of the tallest mountains in the world. It is also said that the entire region of Sinnoh was born from this mountain and at its peak lies the remains of the Temple of Sinnoh. Due to an incident from hundreds of years ago, most of the temple was destroyed and the remains have been given the name, Spear Pillar.

One of the many great places that lie in this city is a building called the Cathedral of the Arc. Here is where many people come to worship Arceus, along with the other Legendary and Mythical Pokemon that helped create the world. There are many smaller churches that are in the Sinnoh Region but the Cathedral is the most well known one.

The origin of the church dates back all the way to the ancient region known is Hisui. Around the time when the two major clans, the Diamond and Pearl Clans, came to something of a peace. It was around this time that the Legendary Pokémon known as Arceus, revealed itself to the world again.

Once the Original One had revealed itself, the Diamond and Pearl clans started working together more. The wounds of their pasts slowly began to heal once the question of the Almighty Sinnoh had been answered. Both of the clans had started building up the Hisui region with more human settlements. Eventually, the region was renamed to Sinnoh as a way to give respect to what they believed to be the region's creator, Almighty Sinnoh. There were even many that had gone out to other regions and spreading the word of Arceus around the world.

Soon enough, these missionaries would come across that these other regions had their own cults and religions with other Legendary and Mythical Pokémon. Eventually, the missionaries convinced these clans that Arceus has even created their deities too. When that had occurred, the cults and clans had fully submitted to the Arc Church.

These regional religious groups still will believe in their local legends but all now recognize that Arceus was the beginning of them all. The most prominent figures of the groups were all chosen to represent one of the Legendary or Mythical Pokémon in their region. As a way of showing their faith, they would change their names to either a person with connections to their deities in their legends or a certain combination of characters of their deities.

Every three years, these most important members of the Church would come to Sinnoh in order to pay respects to all of the Legendaries and Mythicals in one place and time. However, the main reason is to pay respects to Arceus for being the one to have created the universe and everything in it. They would make a journey to the top of Mt. Coronet and offer their prayers to him and the other Legendaries. Once they did that, they would go down to the Arc Church in Hearthome City and recite the rituals again on film for those in far away regions to watch and say their prayers. This event is known as The Sinnoh Pilgrimage and it was time for the journey to begin.

On this morning, Thomas was getting ready for the arduous journey up the mountain. He and his Pokémon were in the sacristy of the Hearthome City cathedral, saying a prayer to bless their journey. They were kneeling down in front of a wall painting displaying the Tale of Creation. The picture was Arceus with eighteen different colored plates circling it. The picture also showed six Pokémon circling Arceus. The closest Pokémon circling it were Dialga to its left, Palkia to its right and Giratina beneath. The three Pokémon circling them were the Lake Guardians, Mespirit above Arceus, Azelf underneath Dialga and Uxie underneath Palkia.