Chapter 14: New Friends & Battles

Hey everyone, it's your good friend Elite back with a new chapter! Sorry this took so long but with finals and everything I was a bit distracted. But I'm back and ready to write more! As you probably guessed, this chapter is going to have a battle in it! Between who though? Well if the picture isn't enough, then you'll have to read to find out! But with all that said, let's get started! Enjoy! ;)

Clemont's POV:

We all were in another elevator going down. None of us knew exactly what Bonnie meant but we were going along with it. We just stood in the elevator as it went down and we waited for it to stop.

After a bit, it finally came to a halt and stopped completely. Then the doors opened up to a little hallway that we exited into. Bonnie was the first to exit and then the rest of us soon followed.

At the end of the small hallway was a door. Bonnie then decided to open it and we all walked inside. When we did, we entered a small room with two desks and several computers. In front of them was a window that overlooked a battle arena. I quickly figured out that this was an outlook of sorts.

But when we entered, we also noticed three other people in the room. One was a tall, dark-skinned girl with green hair in twin tails and gas gray clothes on. The other was a small and lagged boy with short, yellow hair with a white shirt and yellow shorts on. The third had short, green hair and had glasses on with a green shirt and shorts.

I had a feeling this one was the friend, Max, Bonnie kept telling him about. He had no idea who the other two were though. But they were all looking out the window into the arena and back to the monitors a lot.

"Hey guys," Bonnie said happily. "I brought down my new friends." All three of them then turned towards us. They looked skeptical at first but then put smiles on their faces.

They all then walked up to us and stopped in front of us. "Well hello everyone, it's very nice to meet you all," the small one said. "You must be Clemont," he said turning to me. "My name is Max. Bonnie has told me a lot of good things about you." He then extended his hand out towards me. "Bonnie had told me a good amount about you too," I said as I grabbed and shook his hand.

After he let go, he then gestured towards the other two. "I think I can say we are all happy to see you here," he said. "These two guys here are the Trail Captains, Mallow and Sophocles."

"It is very nice to meet you all," said Mallow. "I sure hope that there won't be any trouble with you guys," said Sophocles.

"Trial Captains?" I heard Serena ask. I was wondering the same thing since I've never heard of them.

"We are essentially Gym Leaders for the Alola region," said Mallow. "Only instead of Gym Badges, you battle very strong Pokémon called Totem Pokémon and earn Z-Crystals."

"What are Z-Crystals?" I asked. "The first I've heard of them."

"Z-Crystals are these stones that enable your Pokémon to use extremely powerful moves during battle," said Sophocles. "The only catch is that you can only use them once per battle due to the high amount of energy they require."

Then Bonnie jumped in front of us and smiled. "And we are just about to run a test in the stadium below," she said. "Which is what I was telling you about earlier."

3rd Person POV:

Everyone looked down into the stadium and saw two people come out on both sides. The one on the left had very dark skin and dark, fire-like hair. The other had light skin and short blue hair with a tiara in it.