Im Letting You Go So You Can Be Happy Without Me (part two)

Comenzar desde el principio

If its meant to be, it's meant to be.

So once he got into college, he kept it a secret and tried his best to ignore the hundreds of red strings crossing and dragging on the floor. Bill was the only one on campus to know about the secret, and upon eddies request, never talks about it.

On moving day, Eddie was roomed with a tall, slim boy with light blonde curls. He had a kind smile and kept his side of the room very neat.

Stan was his name, and Eddie became quick friends with him. So, he decided to introduce his best friend to him. Little did he know that he'd be making a match.

He watched as Bills string brushed against Stans as they shook hands. Their strings connected in a tight line the closer they were together. Eddie kept his mouth shut though, not wanting to mess with fate. Their connected, they'll fall in love any ways, they don't need eddies help.

"You should meet my boyfriend, he's kind of a loud mouth, but he's a good person."

Eddie really wished he wouldn't of met him.

Because as soon as the door to the dorm a few floors above opened, his string snapped into a tight line, connecting to the persons in front of him.

The boy had curly black hair and thick glasses that magnified his hazel eyes. He was tall and lanky, he had to look down to look at Eddie.

When they shook hands, Eddie immediately felt a blush spread on his face as he watched their strings touch. Then his stomach sank when he watched Stan kiss his cheek and walk into the room.

Ever since then, Eddie tried not to come into contact with Richie unless he had to. Which was pretty difficult when Bill had taken a liking to him and the four boys had become best friends. Richie especially liked to pick on Eddie. Wether it was about his height or 'cute' freckles, Richie was always talking to him, and referred to him constantly as his 'best friend'. And even though he was dating Stan, that didn't stop him from touching Eddie constantly and throwing an arm over his shoulder as they walked.

And it became harder when one late night Eddie accidentally revealed that he can see the soulmate strings. He made Stan and Richie promise not to talk about it, and Stan kept his word. But Richie wasn't so easy.

-

The room was glowing orange from Eddies desk lamp. He laid flat on his stomach on his bed and worked on homework. Richie sprawled out on Stans bed tapping his pen on his book.

"Do you mind?" Eddie asked without looking up from his work

"sorry...". Richie mumbled

Eddie could practically hear the gears turn in his head. It was distracting.

"What is it?" He sighed and sat up in bed.

Richie looked like he hesitated before saying, "is Stan my soulmate?"

Eddies mouth opened slightly and he looked down at his red string that stretched across the room to Richies. His heart slowed down and it felt as if he might puke.

"Because I think he is. I feel it... I love him Eds. A lot"

And that made eddies heart shatter. He leaned against the wall and looked at Richie who was staring back with an unreadable expression on his face.