Prologue

Humanity
Prologue

     A news anchor stands firm on the side of a tall building, moving the cube, which would broadcast her televised voice through to homes across the globe, she prepared herself internally. She wears a tight suit and an even tighter smile that had to have been surgically placed, no human would have been able to smile for as long as her face held.

A holographic number appeared before her signaling a minute till on the air. She prepared herself internally and then finally spoke.

"Hello and good evening, this is Judy Law and on tonight's show we've got a little bit of a history lesson curtesy of the Ministry of Gradation. In the year 2020 the world was thrown into its Third World War, this one lasting longer and even more intense than the one before. Millions upon millions of people perished at the hands of chemical and nuclear warfare. Famine and disease ran rampant among the surviving populous who could no longer tend to the radioactive wasteland we now inhabit today. We flash forward to 2030, with the war finally won, civil unrest quelled and  among the ruins of society the children of those who survived saw humanity under a new world order and found itself again on the brink of self extinction. But, luckily our great forefathers that lead the revolutions became the powerful royals we have grown to worship today. The Alcove family has kept this glorious nation afloat and have shaped our system since the birth of our great city. When hunger and poverty sat at the edge of our doorsteps they solved our immense need, consulting something the old nation of Japan practiced regularly with their cattle called the Wagu Experience.

How it works is that you are chosen by our wonderful government from birth to be an A-1, 2, 3, 4, or if you're super fortunate then you'll be graded a 5. The higher your number the more the riches! Imagine this listeners
* 5= 10 years, with 100,000 krons a month
* 4= 20 years, with 50,000 krons a month
* 3= 30 years, with 25,000 krons a month
* 2= 40 years, with 12,500 krons a month
* 1= 50 years, with 6,250 krons a month
Now I don't know about you listeners but doesn't 100,000 krons sound swell right about now?

In other news the supposed resistance group Rigor made another attack on a supply road leading from the agricultural district into the mining district. How do they keep on coming into a great city? No one really knows, but all I can say is a full curfew has been set for the three districts and will commence tonight with the shutdown of wall Ceres.

Prince Philip and his younger brother Prince Edén will also be returning with the rest of the royal family from their trip to the Diamond City halfway across the globe.

I'm Judy Law and this has been another great day in the Golden city with partly sunny skies on  the outskirts of the world capital, Verabella."