Pizza: Part I

Jacob

On a Friday morning, as we were just getting up for school, there was a knock at the door. By the time I pulled my pants and got there, there was nobody outside just an envelope at my feet. It was addressed to the kids in Edward's flawless handwriting. I padded into the room to show it to Ness who still hadn't made it out of bed.

On the rare days I got up before her and I knew she was still naked under the covers, it was hard not to crawl back in there with her. She sat up in bed when I entered our room.

"Hmm," she said when I handed her the envelope. When she read the card inside, she laughed, "You are cordially invited to a pizza and slumber party at Grandma and Grandpa's house. It's for tonight. Looks like the plan is they're going over to the bigger house while we're at school instead of Nana coming here."

"We're going to have the house to ourselves tonight?"

"It would appear so," she said with a slight smirk.

Even though that was Edward's smirk, it looked so hot on her.

"Could you make sure everybody gets dressed and ready to go? I have no idea what I'm wearing to school today," she asked sweetly. It would take me about two seconds to figure that out so it was only fair.

I went upstairs into the hallway and called for them, "Hey, short people! Come out here, you guys got mail today."

Anthony was the first to pop out into the hallway, Xandra and Mollie both came out of Mollie's room, and then Swan came out last dragging her doll behind her.

"Huh?" she said. She looked pissed off but she always did when she first woke up.

"Look, you guys are invited to go sleep at Grandma and Grandpa's house tonight. They want you to come over and have pizza with them."

Xandra gasped, "I love pizza!"

"Me too!" Mollie agreed, "Sef going to be the party?"

"I'm sure he wouldn't miss it. You guys go pick out your clothes for today because instead of Nana coming over while your mom and I are at school, you guys are going over there."

"I need to pack," Swan mumbled, looking worried.

She turned and shuffled back into her room.

"No, you don't. You have all your own stuff over there, just bring Wolfy 2, that's all you need. You've got clothes and everything over there," she knew that she just wasn't awake yet, "Don't fool around in there, Swan, just pick something out and put it on," I said as she closed her door behind her.

I helped the twins get dressed. They put on their own "big girl underpants" as I picked out something for them to wear. It was a warm April day, so I grabbed them a pair of capri pants that I knew they hadn't gotten to wear yet and their favorite superhero t-shirts. These two were pretty low maintenance.

"Is dere snow?" Mollie asked me.

"Nope, not today, so you guys can wear sandals if you want to."

All the kids put a couple small things into their backpacks and I could smell Ness making toast downstairs. So once everybody was ready, I herded them right down there. The kids all got in their chairs and a banana was already waiting for them. Ness was standing at the counter facing away from me, spreading jelly on toast. She was wearing a red plaid skirt and a white, fitted button-down dress shirt with short sleeves. She looked a little taller than usual, I couldn't see around the island but she must be wearing heels. When she came around it with the toast, I saw she was wearing black knee-high boots. They clicked as she walked over to the table.