Plane Ride

"Hi..." I trailed off, becoming instantly nervous.

"I know you probably hate me right now. But..." Maks was trying to find the right words to say. He was nervous, I could tell.

"You know what, how about I just pick you up at two and we can talk later." Maks finished.

"Yeah okay." I agreed, unsure of my decision. I dried off and walked into my bedroom. Lying down on the bed, I became cold and covered up with my half wet towel.

"Okay, bye Mer-bear."

"Bye Maksim." I hung up and looked at the clock.

"Shit." I muttered to myself. It was 1:45, I had wet hair, and Maks would be here in fifteen minutes.

2 o'clock

As I pulled on my black, five inch heels, I heard the doorbell ring. I walked downstairs, my legs shaking, and opened the door to find Maks.

"Hello." I greeted him shyly.

"Hey Princess." He smiled his most charming smile. Maks was dressed in a white polo shirt, blue shorts, and a pair of sandals.

"I feel a little overdressed. Should I go change?" I looked down at my black sundress, heels, and curled hair.

"No, you look perfect, as always." I blushed as Maks held my hand and led me to his car, opening the door for me like a gentleman.

As he shut the door, I began to think.

'I cannot let him have me this easy. I can't fall in love with him again.' I told myself. As much as I wanted to fall for him, I couldn't. I didn't want to have my heart broken again.

About five minutes down the road, I looked over at Maks. His hands were shaking and his foot was tapping extremely fast. Was he just as nervous as I was?

"Can I ask where we are going?" I asked him, he just smiled.

"Nope." Maks chuckled as I crossed my arms and pretended to pout.

15 minutes later...

"Oh my God Maks! Where the hell are we going!?"

"Five more seconds baby, five more seconds." He smiled and made a sharp left turn. I could see small planes landing and taking off in the distance.

"An airport!?" I half yelled as he helped me out of the car and into the small building. Instead of answering me, Maks just smiled and pulled me through security.

As we were handing the lady our tickets, Maks reached for my hand. I let him hold my hand and he led me outside and onto the runway. There was a plane there that said Falcon 50 on the side. An old man with grey hair and blue eyes, greeted him.

"Hello, Mr. Chmerkovskiy." The man had a strong English accent.

"What's up Charles?" Maks shook his hand and the older man looked at me.

"Hello, Ms. Davis. I will be your butler today." The man shook my hand gently and disappeared, leaving Maks and I. He reached for my hand again but I pulled it away.

"I am not boarding this plane unless you tell me where we are going!" I yelled. Maks calmly took both of my hands in his and smiled.

"Baby, calm down. Don't worry where we are going, it's a surprise." He started drawing lazy circles on my hands, driving me absolutely insane.

'No you can't have me that easy.' I pulled my hands away from him slowly.

"I don't like surprises, Maksim." My curiosity had gotten the best of me. I wanted to know where we were going.

"Do you trust me?" Maks' eyes were soft.

'No, not really.' I wanted to say, but I didn't want to hurt him and I wanted to see what he had planned.

"Yes."

"Well then get on this plane with me. Please?" I intertwined our fingers and got onto the plane with him. As we sat down in our seats, I noticed that there was a television screen in front of us with a movie ready to play. I'd never seen or heard of the movie before, but it was called Fool's Gold. It starred Matthew Mcon and Kate Hudson.

"May I offer you a bottle of red wine?" The butler, Charles, was standing in front of me. Maks and I looked at each other and I shrugged.

"We'd love some." Maks smiled as Charles got us two glasses and poured some wine in each of them.

"Would you like to watch a movie?" Maks asked as Charles walked away.

"I don't care." He found the remote and hit play.

//

By now, Maks and I had finished the movie and two and a half bottles of wine. We weren't necessarily drunk, but we did have a strong buzz.

During the movie, Maks and I were laughing hysterically. So much, that I almost spit out the red wine.

Now we were giggling uncontrollably on the plane, just talking about the movie. Even Charles started to chuckle a little bit as he watched us.

"Attention: This is your captain speaking. We will be landing shortly, please buckle your seat belts." The captain had an Italian accent and was straight to the point.

"Does this mean I get to know where we are going!?" I asked excitedly while buckling my seat belt.

"Nope. But I love how excited you are." Maks chuckled slightly as he also buckled his seat belt.