Nick

Meryl's POV

"Can I sit on your lap, Nick?" My words were beginning to slur but I didn't care. I could no longer feel the heartbreak.

"Of course baby." He pulled me onto his lap and began to whisper in my ear.

"You do realize I'm Peta's cousin and they set you up right?"

"Yeah I figured that out when I saw you, you guys look alike." I took another strong shot of tequila and shook my head back and forth.

Nick chuckled and rubbed my back, his hands slipping a little lower than I was comfortable with. He felt a shiver go down my spine and pulled me closer.

"Just let me know if this is too much for you." Nick kissed from my jawline to my collarbone. Another shiver, stronger this time, travelled throughout my body. I'd never been touched like this before.

"You wanna go to my place?" I whispered in his ear as I saw his eyes widen. He nodded and we went out onto the dance floor to say goodbye to the girls. Peta immediately pulled me to the side.

"Where are you guys going!?" She had an angry tone hidden in her voice.

"Um- my place." I giggled completely ignoring her harsh tone.

"What!? Meryl, you're really drunk and you don't know what you're doing. Let me take you home." She tried to take me outside but I pulled my arm away.

"No! I'm a grown woman and I can handle myself! You don't have to look after me like I'm a child. Everyone thinks that I am innocent and it's really getting old! I can't fucking cuss because everyone thinks I'm 'America's Sweetheart'! Just leave me the hell alone." I marched away from a stunned Peta and dragged Nick out of the club.

"Woah, you okay?" I could feel the anger boiling up inside of me.

"No, I'm furious." Nick frowned and pulled me into a tight hug. The hug reminded me of the ones that Maks used to give me. For a minute, I actually thought he was Maks and almost whispered 'I love you' but I stopped myself.

"Let's get you home." He smiled and opened my door for me.

The whole drive home, Nick had his hand on my thigh. If I wasn't as drunk as I was, I would slap it away. But, tonight I liked it.

His hand soon started to travel up to my inner thigh. I immediately became alarmed and apparently he noticed because he moved it back to it's original place.

"Thanks." I whispered.

Soon after, he removed his hand and I started to fall asleep. I tried to keep myself awake but the liquor had a huge effect on me. I finally gave up and just let my eyelids fall, trusting that I would get home safely.

//

"Meryl? Baby, you're home." I felt Nick shaking my shoulders. Sitting straight up I rubbed my eyes and realized that Nick had opened the door and unbuckled my seatbelt.

"Hmm..." I felt myself drifting back into a deep sleep. I was almost out when I felt his arms wrap around me as he picked me up. Leaning into his chest, he surprisingly found a way to open my door.

My head started to bounce slightly as Nick carried me upstairs and into my bedroom. Without undressing me, he placed me gently under the covers and pulled them up to my neck.

"Goodnight, Mer-bear." Nick kissed my forehead and walked out.

When he called me Mer-bear, the heartbroken thoughts came flooding back into my little mind.

"You're just my dance partner." Those words played back in my mind over and over again.

I began to sob hysterically, my temporarily mended heart falling apart again.

After a while, when I didn't calm down, I called the only person that would be up this late.