Stefan gives Elena a helpless look but she just laughs and shoos him away. He fakes a hurt expression and glares at me while speaking to Elena.

“I see how it is. You pick her over me.”

There is a sudden shout coming from downstairs.

“ELENA, I NEED THE MONEY,” Jeremy calls out.

I look at Elena quizzically. “Money?”

“We ordered pizza!” she smiles as she climbs off the bed.

Stefan and I are quiet while Elena is gone.

“Stefan, please go,” I beg. “I want some girl time with Elena and I don’t need you around to ruin things!”

“Ruin things?”

“You aren’t a girl, you would not understand.”

Stefan finally gives up and reluctantly leaves. I follow him down the stairs while Elena is just shutting the door on the pizza delivery man.

“It’s hot and fresh,” she grins. She carries the pizza into the kitchen and we all grab a slice, including Stefan, who was supposed to leave. I scowl at him and he just smiles back. Elena catches the exchange between the two of us. “Stefan, I’ll see you tomorrow,” she smiles knowingly. Stefan groans and I fist pump in triumph.

The minute Stefan walks out the front door, I turn on Elena.

“So, how’s it going with you two?” I say, teasingly. Elena has the decency to blush.

“Not in front of Jeremy!”

Jeremy just laughs and walks off with his pizza to resume whatever it was he was doing before. We both watch his retreating figure and the minute he is out of sight and earshot, I glance at Elena expectantly.

She sighs. “I love him. He’s different from all the guys I’ve ever dated and he seems to understand me. I really love him, Aly.”

“Aw that’s so adorable,” I gush. I knew the feeling. Once upon a time, I had a love like that too. “So did you have sex yet?”

Elena blushes a deep crimson red. “Uh…”

“Hm, I’ll take that as a yes,” I grin. “You two are so cute together, it’s like perfect!”

“What about you?” Elena asks suddenly. “Anyone you interested in? You seemed to be getting along great with Matt and your old friend Sebastian seems to like you. Heck, I think Damon has a crush on you too.”

“Oh please, Matt is completely smitten with Caroline,” I say bitterly. Saying it out loud still kind of hurt but I was over Matt. There wasn’t really anything there to begin with anyways. “Sebastian’s just a friend now, whatever we had in the past should just stay there as good memories. And Damon?! You’ve got to be kidding me, Elena. Damon just has eyes for Katherine.”

“I see him checking you out all the time.”

“How often have we all been in the same room together?”

“Uh... Once?”

“Exactly!”

“Whatever,” Elena smiles.

“Do you mind if I sleepover here for the next couple of days or so?”

“Uh yeah, I don’t mind, I just need to check with Jenna first,” says Elena. “Does this have anything to do with the new vampire in town?”

“Possibly,” I answer. “And it’ll be more acceptable to have your friend sleepover and watch over you rather than your boyfriend.”

For the rest of the night, we gossip about people from school and I explain to Elena more about our supernatural world and vampires. She learned the mechanics of being turned into a vampire and she told me how Stefan told her she was adopted and how Jenna’s reactions confirmed it. We didn’t talk much on that subject since Elena seemed a little iffy with it and soon, we were both tired.