Tea Over Me? (Earl Charles Grey x Reader)

Начните с самого начала

would never confess it) but you felt uneasy about going to kitchen alone. It was… dark…

"Wow, that was a fast change…" He replied. "So you will go there if I come with you, right?" Your eyes were already used to the darkness, so you could feel the sly grin forming on his face.

"Maybeee…"

He raised an eyebrow and you accepted defeat.

"Fine, yes, I will!"

Another sigh, and he was standing up.

"What are you waiting for? Won't we eat? I already feel hungry now, some bread with jam would be nice~~~!"

You started laughing and hold his hand he offered to you. You still weren't used to his bipolar characteristics. Since both of you were "Queen's Butler"s you nearly always worked together, with Charles Phipps too, of course. You weren't so good at sword "playing" (as he would say), but you had pretty sharp eyes, as you could shoot a bird in the eye from quite a distance. You were lost in your thoughts as you heard a voice… Something, like it was getting closer but running away at the same time. You were afraid of darkness after all.

Without realizing you were still holding Charles' hand you clinged on his arm. This sudden movement surprised him so his foot steps slowed down and eventually, came to a stop.

"Did you, by any chance, hear something?" You couldn't help it but your voice trembled a bit.

"Like what?"

"Like a… sound?"

"That was pretty descriptive."

"I am not joking!"

"Neither am I."

You heard a grandfather clock's ticks and tocks from afar. No other sound other then those eerie, deep sound. You were pretty sure that was what you heard but you still weren't able to calm down.

"We wasted minutes standing there, you could be eating something to satisfy your stomach now. So~, sorry about it but…"

You were suddenly held by two strong arms, as he carried you bridal style. You were surprised, embarrassed, angry but kinda happy as deep in your heart you had a crush on him… Deep down below… Not even you, yourself realized it until now. So with crimson cheeks you started punching him on the chest.

"Hey, put me down, you pervert!"

"(Name)! Don't scream! And don't be that stubborn, please. I am doing you a favor."

Indeed he was.

"You know when I was little my grandpa always used to tease me about being a coward. And I always told him that I wasn't. But now I understand that I really was, and I really am" You said, embarrassed.

"Everybody is afraid of something. It is our feelings which makes us human. If you didn't feel anything, such as fear, shame, anxiety, pain, happiness, love… You wouldn't be a real human being, would you?"

"Again with the poetic sentences…"

"Way to ruin the mood (Name)!"

"What mood?"

"Anyway, we arrived."

As you entered the kitchen, you was surprised by the fact that the huge room was illuminated by the moonlight. You didn't need candles, it was just perfect.

Charles started walking towards the empty table, still holding you. You couldn't say you were uncomfortable (as it would be a massive lie) but you started to get free from his embrace. Like he just realized he was holding you and engulfed he literally threw you to the floor. You landed with a loud thud.